Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ticket Stubs

I have almost all of them. Prized, the 3 nights attended of Pink Floyd's THe Wall at the Nassau Collisium . Probably the most visually ornate, intricate show I've been to,bar none.

I still have a lot of them, also used to do a scrap book and would even write down the songs that we played:

They say you always remember your first, her name was Sue, oh wait, I mean it was Hawkwind in 1975 during the Space Ritual Tour....

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Space Ritual? wasn't that 1972 or 73?
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

I have a ticket-stub related story. After starting at my current job last September, I found out that one of my bosses is a huge Wishbone Ash fan. One day we got into a discussion about the WA shows we had seen in the area, and he said that he had attended a show in Bayside, Queens, at this basement rock club that is no longer there. I was there too! We were probably two of maybe 25 people in the audience. That night I found my collection of stubs and found the ticket stub for that show -- it was at the VooDoo Lounge (I had also seen King's X there, among others) on Dec. 2, 2000. We probably were standing right next to each other, and, 14 years later, he hired me.

One ticket stub I wish I had was from Dave Righetti's no-hitter for the Yankees on July 4, 1983. I went with my dad and brother and bought tix at one of the stadium box office windows. At that time, Yankee Stadium had a general admission section in the upper deck along the third base line. You didn't get a ticket, but a piece of paper saying that you bought a seat in that section. The paper was then taken by an usher when you got to the section, and you then picked your seat. So, even though I have a ticket stub for pretty much every sporting event and concert I have attended, I don't have a ticket stub from probably the most notable sporting event I was at!
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap