Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: You know you've got an old car when...

When it has a cassette player in it. Mine does although it also has a cd player. It's a 2000 camry and sometimes I feel like I may as well be driving a model T. It has a moon roof though which of course automatically makes it a chick magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    When it has a cassette player in it. Mine does although it also has a cd player. It's a 2000 camry and sometimes I feel like I may as well be driving a model T. It has a moon roof though which of course automatically makes it a chick magnet.
    When I bought my 2001 Corolla, I immediately had the CD player taken out and had a cassette player put in, as I have loads of cassettes that never see the light of day otherwise. A few months back I went wild and had the CD player put in as well. I'm well on my way into the 20th century.

Yep, I have a 2001 Camry with both. The tape player tends to warble a bit toward the end of a tape, so I rarely use it. Great effect, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Even better, you can get laid in the FRONT seat.
    Man, I'm embarrassed to say I did...in my old '74 AMC Gremlin.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    My wife's '09 Lexus has a cassette deck and no AUX/MP3 input, so I have to use a cassette adapter. I thought AUX inputs in stock head units were pretty much standard by '09, but I guess not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Man, I'm embarrassed to say I did...in my old '74 AMC Gremlin.
    That musta been one hot lookin' Gremlin.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    You go to get body work and the color has to be approximated because that color of paint has been discontinued
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    ... the color has to be approximated because that color of paint has been discontinued
    or even older in that all is needed is "black"
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Mine has a cassette player except the hole in the car is not a moonroof, it's in the fender. It's a 1990 Camry. Still runs well but the only chick who might be attracted to this is blind, desperate or has a 1980 Camry