Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Judas Priest !

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Backing Tipton?! The frell are you talking about?! They both played lead! The mid 80's albums even detail who played which solo in the credits.
    Did you miss the part about not paying attention to them for 40 years? Every time I saw them live, Tipton played the leads for the most part.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I haven't followed Judas Priest since Sad Wings Of Destiny. What a classic album though. I saw an episode from Pete Pardo on Judas Priest throughout their entire career. They said there is very high quality work across several decades.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Did you miss the part about not paying attention to them for 40 years? Every time I saw them live, Tipton played the leads for the most part.
    I find that very hard to believe. They always traded off on lead guitar. You sure you were paying attention?

I find that very hard to believe. They always traded off on lead guitar. You sure you were paying attention?
    Why are you so concerned about this? I'm not.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

I have only seen Priest live once, but I also have a live DVD and in both cases Tipton plays more of the leads than K.K. I would say it is about a 70% to 30% mix.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I haven't followed Judas Priest since Sad Wings Of Destiny. What a classic album though. I saw an episode from Pete Pardo on Judas Priest throughout their entire career. They said there is very high quality work across several decades.
    Yup, I kinda stopped with Hell Bent and Stained Class (though I kept Unleashed In The Studios for decades), which means that I never saw hem live...

Sad Wings is still the only album I keep around from them, though if they ever unearthed good tapes from 76/77, I could go for it.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.