Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    If you haven't seen the short film (basically the two videos for the first two tracks blended together), it's amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jD2EvFhxnQ
    This is excellent! Thanks for posting it.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post

HO-LEE CRAP!!! That is amazing!

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    HO-LEE CRAP!!! That is amazing!
    Oh yeah! Not many folks will notice this tune/band, but it must be one of the most truly progressive thing on the first ten pages of this forum. Check out that Warforged album too....super progressive.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Thanks for posting that Car Bomb song. I have been all over these guys ever since. They are incredible! It is crazy how they can go from being melodic one second to complete dissonance the next, and it works brilliantly! Here's another one from them that entered my brain, fucked it and left it in a daze.

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Car Bomb is the schniznit for sure
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Pure Scandinavian metal bliss that the Opeth guy listens when he's taking breakfast

Finally got to see Candlemass @ a festival over here a few years ago, it was very fun and a nice solid "check" off the ol' bucket list
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Cannibal Corpse bassist....such a great guy and class act. Great interview.

Car Bomb is the schniznit for sure

Finally got to see Candlemass @ a festival over here a few years ago, it was very fun and a nice solid "check" off the ol' bucket list
    What Candlemass album is good to check out?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    What Candlemass album is good to check out?
    The first 2, Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Nightfall.

Candlemass was my 3rd ever live gig back in 1989! I was 15. A sold out concert in a quiet big venue.

Cheers

When I was a kid I had a habit of just buying all kinds of CDs and tapes from metal bands that I'd never heard of. This was one.
    Disharmonic Orchestra's first one "Not To Be Undimensional Conscious". I still dust it off from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    When I was a kid I had a habit of just buying all kinds of CDs and tapes from metal bands that I'd never heard of. This was one.
    Disharmonic Orchestra's first one "Not To Be Undimensional Conscious". I still dust it off from time to time.
    Still got both their demo cassettes and their split with Pungent Stench from back at the times. They were a great death/grind band at this short window of time when such stuff was the cutting edge of rock music. That's the main reason they remain a reference of the genre.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I'm burnt out on twangy steel guitars and fiddles. I am listening to Black Sabbath...
    Cross Purposes....

Cross Purposes rocks!

Listening to a group on YouTube called....Visigoth. I stumbled on them because of Manilla Road.

Oooo, fun list.
    I had given up on this thread, but now I see that Frankie and John are back, so I need to scroll back and di some reading / listening!

I'll try out as many of the albums as I can on that list - as well as on this list:

https://www.popmatters.com/20-best-m...#rebelltitem20

I'm a bit skeptical about that pop-matters list, though, as I don't see any of the albums that ought to be there. But I'll scan their recommendations anyway.

SO FAR, for 2019, I'm all over the new Devin Townsend rekkid, which has had a lot of spin-time o my phone.

JOHN - how was the Tool show? (I couldn't make it, but my son was there.)
    Regards,

Duncan

On Bandcamp, and trying out BIG|BRAVE : A Gaze Among Them - no. 2 on that pop-matters list.

Think Sun0))) meets Sigur Ros, they add a female vocalist and take an overdose of valium. Not bad background stuff.

But then, I've only heard 2 tracks so far, and should probably not be doing critiques yet...
    Regards,

Duncan

Dude - I have been lucky enough to see Big|Brave twice and they are AWESOME

BTW Frankie: I saw Big|Brave with another act called Lingua Ignota. Think early Diamanda Galas with 2019 production potential. She was MAD awesome and her albums are stunners.

Tool was great, very polished and uber entertaining. Killer multimedia too. Killing Joke was excellent too although their mix wasn't as clean (opening band blues).

Seeing Between the Buried and Me @ Fillmore in the next week or two and that should be grand

NP: Visigoth......Blood Sacrifice.

They are from Utah. They sound like Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    On Bandcamp, and trying out BIG|BRAVE : A Gaze Among Them - no. 2 on that pop-matters list.

Think Sun0))) meets Sigur Ros, they add a female vocalist and take an overdose of valium. Not bad background stuff.

But then, I've only heard 2 tracks so far, and should probably not be doing critiques yet...
    Dude - I have been lucky enough to see Big|Brave twice and they are AWESOME

BTW Frankie: I saw Big|Brave with another act called Lingua Ignota. Think early Diamanda Galas with 2019 production potential. She was MAD awesome and her albums are stunners.

Tool was great, very polished and uber entertaining. Killer multimedia too. Killing Joke was excellent too although their mix wasn't as clean (opening band blues).

Seeing Between the Buried and Me @ Fillmore in the next week or two and that should be grand
    Nice - gonna check out some of this stuff. Thanks guys. Been doing some Watain.....The Wild Hunt is excellent and is pretty diverse. Also did Sworn to the Dark. I actually dig the guys "clean" vocals although they are a bit shaky.

Jon Neudorf
    Ok. After '70s Sabbath and Dehumanizer where to next? Cross Purposes?

Cross Purposes, The Devil You Know (as Heaven and Hell), and 13 (last hurrah with Ozzie).

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Ok. After '70s Sabbath and Dehumanizer where to next? Cross Purposes?
    Definitely get “13” is you don’t have it. Ozzy back at the helm and a really strong album IMO. For the Tony Martin era, my favorite is “TYR”, with “Cross Purposes” and “Headless Cross” also being good ones. I was disappointed with the Heaven and Hell album “The Devil You Know”. I was really looking forward to it, but didn’t really think it lived up to expectations, but opinions vary on that.