Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Also worth noting, as long as we're here....fans of Cult of Luna might be interested to know that they have a new EP, Vertikal II, out now. Three tracks plus a Justin Broadrick remix of a track from Vertikal.

Not exactly an essential purchase by itself...but makes a great little companion to the album proper. Looking forward to seeing CoL later this month!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    New track from Oranssi Pazuzu's lastest album, Valonielu .

https://soundcloud.com/svart-records...olen-aukaissut
    Look at what PE can now do:

Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Look at what PE can now do:

I couldn't find the link on how to do it!
    Thanks, Duncan!

Easy. There are 2 ways:

1). Use tags "[SC]" and "[ /SC]" around the soundcloud URL.

2). Hit "Go Advanced". there's a new button on the toolbar that looks like the Soundcloud logo. Just hit that, and paste the URL.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Easy. There are 2 ways:

1). Use tags "[SC]" and "[ /SC]" around the soundcloud URL.

2). Hit "Go Advanced". there's a new button on the toolbar that looks like the Soundcloud logo. Just hit that, and paste the URL.

Good clip!

I find myself inching away from the pure Black Metal sound, but I still enjoy a good Black Metal mix, i.e. Blackened Death, etc. I think its the screechy (my term) vocals and how treble-y the overall sound can be.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    preordered:

"Alienated-so alien I go!"

I figured the new Oranssi Pazuzu might appeal to some here. The release date is next week, but you can listen to it on their website via Soundcloud:

http://www.oranssipazuzu.com/

Ooooo, that does look good. Thanks for the heads up!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Here is an article with the bass player from the band too:

http://avantgarde-metal.com/content/stories2.php?id=307

A band called Exist:
    Article with youtube camples...
    Sounds pretty happenin'...

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featu...-new-sunlight/

Very much a fan of gothic, dark ambient, synth and doom metal.

Quote Originally Posted by cupwonder View Post
    My husband is seriously into Gravedigger these days.
    +1 Excellent band. Have a listen to Sahg as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Very much a fan of gothic, dark ambient, synth and doom metal.
    I've never heard of synth metal.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I've never heard of synth metal.
    Really? wow!

http://www.metalunderground.com/news...m?newsid=85449

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Would Coal Chamber also qualify?

Orphaned Land

some disappointing news, Guitarist/Main Songwriter and founding member Yossi Sassi has decided to leave the band.

However, his upcoming solo album "Desert Butterflies" may be well worth checking out when it's released.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/orp...si-quits-band/

Guitarist Yossi Sassi, founding member and main composer of Israel-based oriental folk metallers ORPHANED LAND, has announced his departure from the band.

In a statement, he said: "I never thought that someday I'll write these words… yet if there's something stronger than our past — it is our future, and our dreams, as we evolve and understand what is right for us in the path ahead.

"You know I always strive to be creative, innovative, compose the next authentic thing, and devoted my life to fuse and mix together the East and West, acoustic with electric, rock with folk traditional music, all with authenticity and full heart.

"Books could be written from the what I've done for and gone through since founding ORPHANED LAND (initially named RESURRECTION in 1991), from every fan mail in the early '90s, through signing the first deal with Holy Records, endorsements, budgeting, website development, pledging... the list goes on and on. Above all, I'm proud most of my vast compositions, arrangements, production and musical boundaries explored.

"ORPHANED LAND has been a dream turned into reality with tremendous hard work and accomplishments. It is my life's work, spanning over more than 22 years as a founding member, composer, producer and many other roles. But mainly being 'the heart' I always believed ORPHANED LAND should reflect through.

"I feel that now, from all the right reasons that I can and cannot change, the time has come for new dreams.

"The first dream is on its way already. The new album I'm working on these days will be called 'Desert Butterflies', a conceptual piece, rich and diverse, continued to my debut solo release, 'Melting Clocks', and the 'oriental rock' genre I've been pioneering and redefining. It includes musical collaborations with Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal (GUNS N' ROSES), Marty Friedman (MEGADETH), Mariangela Demurtas (TRISTANIA) and more. it'll be worth the wait.

"I'm never leaving you.

"I'm not closing the door, not on ORPHANED LAND members, and certainly not on YOU, my beloved and loyal fans, friends and followers.

"The best is yet to come... I guarantee it to you, personally."

ORPHANED LAND's sixth full-length album, "All Is One", was released in North America on June 25, 2013 (one day earlier internationally) via Century Media Records. The cover artwork for the follow-up to 2010's "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR" was created by the French artist Metastazis (PARADISE LOST, AS I LAY DYING, SONNE ADAM, WATAIN) by perfectly incorporating the three biggest religious symbols into one piece of art.

"All Is One" was made available as a limited deluxe book edition, including three bonus songs and a bonus DVD, as well as limited double gatefold LP, including the three bonus songs and in different vinyl colors. A standard jewelcase CD format and digital download is also available.

The limited-edition version of "All Is One" contains a very special bonus DVD with some very exclusive music clips and an interesting documentary about the genesis and recording of the album.

ORPHANED LAND's new effort was the band's first to feature guitarist Chen Balbus following the departure of Matty Svatizky in June 2012 due to "personal" and "professional" issues.

"All Is One" was mixed by Jens Bogren (JAMES LABRIE, DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, OPETH) and was recorded in three different countries: Israel, Turkey and Sweden. Ironically, these countries are Jewish, Muslim and Christian, respectively, which strengthens the ORPHANED LAND message of unity through music. Over 40 musicians were used to flesh out the sound of "All Is One", including 25 choir singers and eight classical violin, viola and cello players from Turkey.

ORPHANED LAND's concert DVD, "The Road To OR-Shalem", was released in October 2011 in Europe and November 2011 in the U.S. via Century Media Records.

Would Coal Chamber also qualify?
    No absolutely not.

I saw the Orphaned Land news, interested to hear someone from the band speak out on their future. For others in that genre try Arkan and Melechesh
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Just listened to Kvelertak's "Meir". One of the most overrated 2013 albums I listened in metal. Ghost B.C. must be another one...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

A couple of these bands, I'm not sure if they're as much metal as they are heavy psychedelic. But these are some metal/heavy acts I really dig (mostly off the top of my head).

Astrosoniq, Black Bombaim, Bongripper, Brotherhood of Sleep, Colour Haze, Dozer, Dream Theater, Earthless, Electric Moon, Egypt, Elder, Fu Manchu, Glowsun, Gomer Pyle, Halfway To Gone, Humo del Cairo, Karma To Burn, The Machine, Mountain of Judgment, Pelican, Prehistoric Pigs, Rob Zombie, Sleep, Sons of Otis, Sunn O))), Ufomammut, Witch Mountain, Wo Fat, Yob
    Last edited by davis; 01-09-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    A couple of these bands, I'm not sure if they're as much metal as they are heavy psychedelic. But these are some metal/heavy acts I really dig (mostly off the top of my head).

Astrosoniq, Black Bombaim, Bongripper, Brotherhood of Sleep, Colour Haze, Dozer, Dream Theater, Earthless, Electric Moon, Egypt, Elder, Fu Manchu, Glowsun, Gomer Pyle, Halfway To Gone, Humo del Cairo, Karma To Burn, The Machine, Mountain of Judgment, Pelican, Prehistoric Pigs, Rob Zombie, Sleep, Sons of Otis, Sunn O))), Ufomammut, Witch Mountain, Wo Fat, Yob
    Fu Manchu and Wo Fat are considered Stoner Metal. There is a whole thread about Stoner Metal.

Fu Manchu and Wo Fat are considered Stoner Metal. There is a whole thread about Stoner Metal.
    I know. I'm a regular in that thread.

I think there may be those who will find this interesting:

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/ful...eaming-in-full

Not well-versed in Metal, but I think Ron Jarzombek is pretty incredible. I haven't heard the stuff he did with WatchTower, but his solo material blows me away and the stuff he did on the first Gordian Knot album is great.

http://www.ronjarzombek.com/