Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2199

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Just out of curiosity (and not that it really matters) but did you listen to it on spotify or youtube(or other)?
    Spotify. That's the only thing that works on my work laptop. I'll try again after work on YouTube and/or Bandcamp
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Concerts are back! It's like they never left.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Subterranean Masquerade : Mountain Fever

'Nuff sed !!

There's very little "metal" in it IMHO - although those with a fear of "cookie-monster vocals" might cringe at a very few passages...
    Regards,

Duncan

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ They've never matched their debut, and while this one is certainly better than the last two, it's still pretty underwhelming.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

You guys may like this (tell me who it reminds you of if you do.)

Here's an #instrumental that a guitar friend from Australia (Ross Manariti) and I put together. It's got a little #spacey #stoner_metal , it's got a little #rock, it's got a little #progressive some killer #guitar #metal , some decent #keyboard , and it's a #collaboration on Bandlab.

Please hit the "heart" on the Bandlab site as you listen if you like it.

Enjoy, Bob

https://www.bandlab.com/ptmconsultin...d-0050f280467f
    Last edited by BobM; 06-02-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Well, I know there's a few such as Scale the Summit, Animals as Leaders and of course LTE. I actually thought Russian Circles were more post rock but not sure. ol.
    I just discovered Russian Circles in the past few years. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Subterranean Masquerade : Mountain Fever

'Nuff sed !!

There's very little "metal" in it IMHO - although those with a fear of "cookie-monster vocals" might cringe at a very few passages...

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    You guys may like this (tell me who it reminds you of if you do.)

Here's an #instrumental that a guitar friend from Australia (Ross Manariti) and I put together. It's got a little #spacey #stoner_metal , it's got a little #rock, it's got a little #progressive some killer #guitar #metal , some decent #keyboard , and it's a #collaboration on Bandlab.

Please hit the "heart" on the Bandlab site as you listen if you like it.

Enjoy, Bob

https://www.bandlab.com/ptmconsultin...n-mix-1322fc82
    Page not found...
    Regards,

Duncan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I'm still on my Anthrax trip. Haven't heard every, single album but most the discography. Heard half of the first album with John Bush. Great rock voice but the sound changed. The Bronx/Queens edge was gone.

In other words.....everything from Fistfull of Metal up to and including Persistence of Time are top shelf Thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm still on my Anthrax trip. Haven't heard every, single album but most the discography. Heard half of the first album with John Bush. Great rock voice but the sound changed. The Bronx/Queens edge was gone.

In other words.....everything from Fistfull of Metal up to and including Persistence of Time are top shelf Thrash.
    Yeah, Sound of White Noise marked a major stylistic shift for a few years.

My favorite Anthrax album has been Persistence of Time since I first heard it. That's a perfect album!

Persistence is very fast and dark. I really dig Fistful. It's their Kill 'Em All. Thrashy and snotty.

People need more TAROT in their lives...

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Binging on Whetton era KC. It's not metal but it's heavy and influential on progressive metal and grunge. Brilliant.

Binging on Whetton era KC. It's not metal but it's heavy and influential on progressive metal and grunge. Brilliant.
    Brilliant, indeed. John was on fiyah in those days. I adore Red.

I think Fracture is a sledgehammer. Can't stop listening to that track. You think Soundgarden might've heard it?

I think Fracture is a sledgehammer. Can't stop listening to that track. You think Soundgarden might've heard it?
    Fo sho. Kim Thayil, at the very least. He's older than every other founding member (but only a year older than Hiro). His first band released a 7" in 1980.

The original is the best (well that's actually The Nught Watch version) but try this 2017 live version....still brilliant but different.

https://youtu.be/YIuD6hPaOC4

^ Pretty heavy. Enjoyed it.

I picked up IM's "number of the beast" yesterday for 7 dollars at Wal Mart. This is a band I definitely need to hear more of. I had "seventh son of a seventh son" on cassette back in the early 90's but that's about it.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Banned
    No One Spoke is a female-fronted Brazilian band that is somewhere between symphonic metal with noble kitsch on the one hand and brilliant progressive metal with emphasis on catchy melodies on the other. Their debut called "Nine Mirrors" is an exciting album without failures. The album is arranged in an extraordinarily manner thus sounds downright cool. The main characteristic of this band's sound though is the immediately ear-catching violin and wonderful latin pulse.

I picked up IM's "number of the beast" yesterday for 7 dollars at Wal Mart. This is a band I definitely need to hear more of. I had "seventh son of a seventh son" on cassette back in the early 90's but that's about it.
    Maiden remains a great band. Their most recent album "The Book Of Souls" is outstanding and of course their older catalogue is classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Monet View Post
    No One Spoke is a female-fronted Brazilian band that is somewhere between symphonic metal with noble kitsch on the one hand and brilliant progressive metal with emphasis on catchy melodies on the other. Their debut called "Nine Mirrors" is an exciting album without failures. The album is arranged in an extraordinarily manner thus sounds downright cool. The main characteristic of this band's sound though is the immediately ear-catching violin and wonderful latin pulse.

Thanks for posting.

From these 2 songs I'd call it middle-of-the-road proggish beauty-and-the-beast music, and it's definitely worth exploring further.

I'll be listening to more of their catalog in the next few days, and might splash out of a few purchases.
    Regards,

Duncan

Listening to......Manowar....The Triumph of Steel.

I love it. Sue me....

Anthrax for me is only the Neil Turbin era. Meaning just Fistfull of Metal and nothing more.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS