Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Revisiting ......Sabbath...Vol.4

It's really my favorite Sabbath album to be honest.
    Definitely one of their best.

For those who like the less abrasive metal with an almost melodic keyboard edge:

And for those who do not understand why I would say that about this video, I am the father of lies and relish the suffering of the unsuspecting.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Jamming to: The Sword.......The Veil of Isis.

Ten years ago yesterday, we lost Ronnie James Dio.

As is the case with so many artists I've enjoyed over the years, I don't really explore their discographies until they've passed away. Better late than never.

NP: Mob Rules

Ten years ago yesterday, we lost Ronnie James Dio.

As is the case with so many artists I've enjoyed over the years, I don't really explore their discographies until they've passed away. Better late than never.

NP: Mob Rules
    Got to see Ronnie live 6 times. 5 with Dio and once with Sabbath. He was amazing every time. My favorite rock vocalist of all time.

If anyone here is into Haken, my review of their new album is up:

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/hake...nsideout-2020/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Got to see Ronnie live 6 times. 5 with Dio and once with Sabbath. He was amazing every time. My favorite rock vocalist of all time.
    Awesome. I haven't been to a lot of rock concerts in my life but I can say I've seen Steve Walsh and Paul Rogers perform. Yeah Ronnie was special. I've been binging on Ronnie for 6-7 months. Just everything, Rainbow, Sabbath, Dio for months and months.

Saw the Black and Blue tour at Joe Louis Arena with Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult in 1980. I'm not sure RJD even needed a mic the way he projected.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Saw the Black and Blue tour at Joe Louis Arena with Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult in 1980. I'm not sure RJD even needed a mic the way he projected.
    That is a tour I wish I had seen since it was two of my all-time favorite bands, but I didn't make it over to the east side of the state for that one. My only Sabbath show with Dio was the "Dehumanizer" tour at The State Theater in Kalamazoo. My favorite venue and an incredible show.

That is a tour I wish I had seen since it was two of my all-time favorite bands, but I didn't make it over to the east side of the state for that one. My only Sabbath show with Dio was the "Dehumanizer" tour at The State Theater in Kalamazoo. My favorite venue and an incredible show.
    Never been to the State in Kazoo. I remember seeing Eric Clapton at Wing's stadium in the early 80s with Albert Lee as his rhythm guitarist. I remember thinking only Clapton could have someone like Lee as a friggin' backup on the guitar. But then a few years later I saw Clapton and Phil Collins was his drummer. So I guess when Eric calls, you just go.

P.S. The Black and Blue tour was the only time I ever saw Dio live. It was great, of course, but I still think the Sabotage tour when Ozzy was still in the band was the best Sabbath show I've seen.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Never been to the State in Kazoo. I remember seeing Eric Clapton at Wing's stadium in the early 80s with Albert Lee as his rhythm guitarist. I remember thinking only Clapton could have someone like Lee as a friggin' backup on the guitar. But then a few years later I saw Clapton and Phil Collins was his drummer. So I guess when Eric calls, you just go.

P.S. The Black and Blue tour was the only time I ever saw Dio live. It was great, of course, but I still think the Sabotage tour when Ozzy was still in the band was the best Sabbath show I've seen.
    I never saw Sabbath with Ozzy unfortunately, although I did see Ozzy solo on the "Diary Of A Madman" tour. Also saw Sabbath with Ian Gillan on the "Born Again" tour. Both of those were at Wings Stadium.

Two of the best bands ever. That musta been a mutha of a night!

Revisiting:

Cream .....Wheels Of Fire

They were early metal. They influenced all those heavies like Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple. It's blues rock but heavy and riffy.

Revisitin' Blue Cheer......Vincebus Erupton

A stoner metal classic.

Listening to BC Outsideinside (1968). Psychedelic but crunchy and metallic.

Listening to Iron Maiden....Brave New World. It's 20 years old. Hard to believe. It's not my favorite reunion album but it's damn fine. Favorite tracks: Ghost Of The Navigator, The Fallen Angel, The Nomad, Thin Line Between Love and Hate.

Listening to Iron Maiden....Brave New World. It's 20 years old. Hard to believe. It's not my favorite reunion album but it's damn fine. Favorite tracks: Ghost Of The Navigator, The Fallen Angel, The Nomad, Thin Line Between Love and Hate.
    Agree, a great comeback for them.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I just listened to it a couple of days ago! I came to Maiden late, so this was the first new album after I got into them. I like it a lot. Yeah, Ghost of the Navigator is great.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I just listened to it a couple of days ago! I came to Maiden late, so this was the first new album after I got into them. I like it a lot. Yeah, Ghost of the Navigator is great.
    I got into Maiden late too. First Maiden album I ever bought was A Matter of Life and Death. It's still my favorite of the reunion albums.

How unfortunate for you. And might I say seemingly odd you would rate it so low. Brilliant album.
    Well 13 is predictable. I like it but it's really not that great. The problem I have with SBS is the production. I a have an original pressing. There are a few good songs but overall I don't find it nearly as good as the previous albums or Sabotage.

Listening to a very progressive, twisted masterpiece by......

Voivod.....Nothingface.

What an album.

From the Island Bornholm

Been listening to the two Samson albums with Bruce Dickenson. I'd never heard Samson. Bruce Bruce is a force of nature on those albums. I hear Bruce's obvious influence on the Maiden sound.

I dig that Orm album Zeuhlster....black metalish

NP: Pandemic (It's a Metal Disease)......Accept.