Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Maybe I'm late to the party, and the right folks in here already know this band but they were a total new discovery on me in the last couple of weeks and are quickly rising to my metal faves: Rolo Tomassi.

Hard to pick a favorite, IMHO they're an album band rather than a "single representative song" band. Also worth noting, they only have one vocalist who is doing both styles, and she is pretty damned great.

Very interesting, thanks for the recommendation, John! I just listened to their latest album on YT. Definitely worth buying!
    Regards,

Duncan

The Most Metal Church in the World

OMFG that was off the charts hilarious. The most Metal Reggae Church.......

The ending with the protestors, etc. is amazing.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Very interesting, thanks for the recommendation, John! I just listened to their latest album on YT. Definitely worth buying!
    You bet! I love Flood of Light but I think their latest album is my favorite

Gene Hoglan playing a Death track "The Philosopher" in the studio. SOOOO killer. I love how he has a ride right next to his hi-hat....great idea to combine those while grooving....usually it's one or the other.

Brand new Metallica track, taken from the new album 72 Seasons (out next spring).

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Brand new Metallica track, taken from the new album 72 Seasons (out next spring).

I dig it!