Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Icelandic Black Metal coming soon:

Svartidauši

https://svartidaudi.bandcamp.com/alb...-the-red-sword
    Listening now.....sounds pretty decent. Not 100% original perhaps, but good for a Sunday morming if you want to chill and spin some muzak that evokes some unrepentant worship to 'Ole Lucifer and his bande of unmerry satanic mates.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

"Beneath the Forest Floor" on that Warforged is nuts! Totally amazing track.

Taking a break from Country and Western and back to metal......Accept....Metal Heart.....

I'm doing a massive metal binge right now....my family is not thrilled one bit.

Warforged is not something I can listen every day, but WOW!!!! when I can.

Noctem - The Black Consecration

Warforged is not something I can listen every day, but WOW!!!! when I can.
    It's totally killer. I love their use of dynamics as well. They actually use legitimate jazz piano chords/voicings with extended harmonies at one point which is pretty funny, but cool as hell. So what "sub-genre" is Warforged considered? If there is more in a similar type approach, I'm in. I love the crazy grindcore and mathcore stuff, but this band has a cool atmosphere as well. Thanks again for the rec

Noctem - The Black Consecration
    What's this one all about?
    Last edited by chalkpie; 11-11-2019 at 11:08 AM.

None of the Uneven Structure albums stand as strong as their first (Februus) in my eyes, but they're still fairly interesting and pushing the "adventurous" angle with metal in interesting ways:

https://unevenstructure.bandcamp.com/album/paragon
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    It's totally killer. I love their use of dynamics as well. They actually use legitimate jazz piano chords/voicings with extended harmonies at one point which is pretty funny, but cool as hell.
    Yes! There is a very distinct Electric Miles element at some points.

The album kills. But it is not an everyday affair for sure.

What's this one all about?
    Basically straight up Black Metal, but it seems like there is a cool breakdown of some sort in each song.
    A good album to fire up when you want to get stuff done and not have your brain Warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    None of the Uneven Structure albums stand as strong as their first (Februus) in my eyes, but they're still fairly interesting and pushing the "adventurous" angle with metal in interesting ways:
    I'll check out Februus, thx.

Any must sludge/doom albums musts?

I'm too lazy to type all of the albums out, but I made a GIANT playlist on Spotify - and am going to try and make my way through it on random shuffle mode. Really fun - the differences in sound and production is beyond shocking! I have Black Sabbath, Napalm Death, Pig Destroyer, Warforged, Emperor, Gojira, Death, etc, etc ...goes on and on. And now I keep adding these other albums

Listening to Last In Line first album. Woof. Vivian Campbell is a monster guitarist.

I'm too lazy to type all of the albums out, but I made a GIANT playlist on Spotify - and am going to try and make my way through it on random shuffle mode. Really fun - the differences in sound and production is beyond shocking! I have Black Sabbath, Napalm Death, Pig Destroyer, Warforged, Emperor, Gojira, Death, etc, etc ...goes on and on. And now I keep adding these other albums
    Whatever you do, make damned sure you include "Hospital Fat Bags" by Gaza on that list. Beneath that extreme noise is music more progressive than Jon Anderson reciting Lord of the Rings while Steven Wilson plays a mellotron

Oh yeah, love that tune. Gaza is insanely amazing. Not on there though....this is mainly new shit for me.

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Oooo, fun list.

Oooo, fun list.
    Which ones do you dig?

I was happy to see a few picks on there: Deafheaven (one of my personal top metal bands), Alcest, BTBAM, Gorguts, The Ocean, multiple Gojira albums. And I can't say I'm a fan of the music but I will never, ever get sick of that Cattle Decapitation album cover

There were a few IMHO glaring omissions, of course: no Cult of Luna? GODDAMNED HERESY ( ). Strange that they picked the one TesseracT that *doesn't* feature Dan Tompkins, because he's insanely good and a huge part of their sound. I also think the last Deafheaven is their finest moment but Sunbather was clearly a bigger splash in terms of the scene. I also think Wolves in the Throne Room should have been on there, maybe even ahead of Agalloch.

There are also a handful of titles that I'd not heard of before, and I'll probably do some investigating.

I was happy to see a few picks on there: Deafheaven (one of my personal top metal bands), Alcest, BTBAM, Gorguts, The Ocean, multiple Gojira albums. And I can't say I'm a fan of the music but I will never, ever get sick of that Cattle Decapitation album cover

There were a few IMHO glaring omissions, of course: no Cult of Luna? GODDAMNED HERESY ( ). Strange that they picked the one TesseracT that *doesn't* feature Dan Tompkins, because he's insanely good and a huge part of their sound. I also think the last Deafheaven is their finest moment but Sunbather was clearly a bigger splash in terms of the scene. I also think Wolves in the Throne Room should have been on there, maybe even ahead of Agalloch.

There are also a handful of titles that I'd not heard of before, and I'll probably do some investigating.
    Good stuff, I'll have to check out some of those bands you mentioned, and of course some of this list.

I've tried Colors by BTBAM but it didn't hit me. Maybe the clean vocals sounded lame perhaps or I was just not in the mood? Should I try again? Why don't you dig the Cattle Decap album? I am getting into Gojira now too - some good stuff there.

Gotta say - I am a medium-sized fan of metal (usually the more insane grindcore and tech stuff) but immersing myself in the entire genre right now (including thrash, doom, djent, black, viking, etc etc) is REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking fun and I am enjoying myself immensely. I was kind of losing steam with prog a bit, and this current binge has seemed to invigorate me. I am amazed at how vast and diverse metal truly is - there are really no words to describe it. Even an album like Power Trip Nightmare Logic, which is a modern throwback to thrash/hardcore is just so much goddamn FUN. I dunno, we'll see how long this ride lasts but right now if it's not metal, it can go fuck itself with satan's dirty underwear.

Loving this channel too......tons of great content.

Nothing will ever come close to 80's metal. R.I.P. Timmy Hansen.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENX86F7s234

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Nothing will ever come close to 80's metal. R.I.P. Timmy Hansen.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENX86F7s234
    Oooohh this is good! So can you fill me in on this band? King Diamond was after this band? Is this considered black metal or a precursor? Is this whole album great?