Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    My "metal" Is totally on the stoner/ heavy psyche side of things. See my "Stoner!" thread to see what we've been discussing for a couple of months.
    That thread is a serious wallet drainer! Too much good stuff there. I have the new Wo Fat on tap for tonight. I hope it sucks so I don't have to buy any more of their CDs!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    My "metal" Is totally on the stoner/ heavy psyche side of things. See my "Stoner!" thread to see what we've been discussing for a couple of months.
    Yep, I check it out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    That thread is a serious wallet drainer! Too much good stuff there. I have the new Wo Fat on tap for tonight. I hope it sucks so I don't have to buy any more of their CDs!
    It doesn't. In fact I have to look into getting their entire back catalogue now!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Jinjer, a young unsigned prog metal band from the Ukraine. Perfect mix of everything. I love this band. Check out their bandcamp site for a free EP download.

"Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Looks like there's some new Exivious on the horizon ... very excited about that!

My husband is seriously into Gravedigger these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Sorry, you WILL have to purchase their other three CDs. No other way around it.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

grave digger has gotten some good write ups. its on my to get list.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Anyone into Europe's The Final Countdown?
    I love that album. I got interested in Europe, because I heard they started as a prog band called Force.

Coffin's' The Fleshland is streaming here:

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/str...land-right-now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Anyone into Europe's The Final Countdown?
    IF you The Final Countdown, you'll like these.

I got into Deathspell Omega a few months ago...great stuff!
    Am interested in Blut Aus Nords 777 triolgy, but haven't got around to buying it.

the new Ocean cd is cool and I just got Neurosis "Souls at Zero" (the version with demos)

The newest Neurosis is pretty good, but I haven't listened to it much yet.
    " My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers... that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her. "

http://thefairlysecretarmy.bandcamp.com/

http://wavesofmercury.bandcamp.com/

I highly recommend ENSLAVED "Below the Lights" over everything they have done. I think it's really their best album.
    " My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers... that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her. "

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    RIITIR is powerful. I'm streaming it now in advance of purchasing. Enslaved are the most consistently progressing Metal band around these days.
    I'll check out the entire album on Jizzify. I'm not sure I can get on board, but there are parts of that tune I dig. Is it me or do I hear a hint of Fripp/KC there, as well as the obvious connection to Opeth?

The clean vocals sound a bit contrived for my taste, and the way they just "fit" the words in there makes my stomach turn just a tiny bit, but no vomit. Nevertheless, a very solid powerful production and cool dark vibe happening. Maybe I'll dig some other tunes more?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I'll check out the entire album on Jizzify. I'm not sure I can get on board, but there are parts of that tune I dig. Is it me or do I hear a hint of Fripp/KC there, as well as the obvious connection to Opeth?

The clean vocals sound a bit contrived for my taste, and the way they just "fit" the words in there makes my stomach turn just a tiny bit, but no vomit. Nevertheless, a very solid powerful production and cool dark vibe happening. Maybe I'll dig some other tunes more?
    I would agree with you on the clean vocals, though they are better than they used to be. Give it a few chances, I think it'll grow on you.

For those of you that dig a dose of atmosphere with your metal...there's a cool new collab between Sutekh Hexen and Andrew Liles (from Nurse With Wound, etc.) that blends black metal and ambient fairly nicely:

Seen of Facebook:

Regards,

Duncan

classic, Duncan!

Duncan HOWEVER - The Metal Now dude is most certainly Metalcore, which is short for Pussy Metal.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

some kind of hybrid of deathcore and djent aka deathdjentcore

and then add in the hipsters who brag about all the modern sludge and black metal that Pitchfork kisses the ass of.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Duncan HOWEVER - The Metal Now dude is most certainly Metalcore, which is short for Pussy Metal.
    I thought that hair metal was short for Pussy Metal.

Does anyone else think the "Metal then and Metal now" cartoon above is really homophobic?
    Maybe it's just me?
    Maybe we should start calling current metal "retarded" too?

New track from Oranssi Pazuzu's lastest album, Valonielu .

https://soundcloud.com/svart-records...olen-aukaissut