Thread: New Music and Album from Kimara Sajn

Jefferson James

New Music and Album from Kimara Sajn

Sharing this in the hope more people will become aware of this particularly progressive artist in our midst, Kimara Sajn. I've spun this a couple of times via the free streaming feature and it's a doozy -- I'd have purchased it by now if my taxes weren't taking such a bite out of me this year. Hope some of you take a chance and have a listen, all it costs is your time and some bandwidth.

Great stuff, Kim, thanks for putting this out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Hello ferns and nettlemen,

We've got some new updates on the site, including information about my new release, which is a full length from which the "Ghosts at the Feast" EP was culled last year.

The album is called "Daybreak/Epigram" - a dark little collection of tunes about living, loving and funky dreams in our new age. Far more sarcastic than it may appear on the surface but, we hope, a compelling and lovely ride nonetheless.

I'm very happy with it. And hope that the 0 to 3 people who read this post enjoy it too

The album can be streamed in it's entirety from our site here -
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/news.html

And, of course, if you'd like a copy (recommended for those who prefer a more kickass audio experience), you can in fact get it from us there as well. But note that it isn't required - you can feel free to stream it for free anytime you like. There are other fine albums there on that front page also, if you're interested. Lastly, you can find a complete index of all the streams available on our Online Streams page via the main menu.

This is our spring release. A new +1 album is also in the works, featuring all new and never before released material (mostly satin). That should be completed somewhere around October. In the interim, however, i've got a Thinking Plague mini-tour to prepare for and other stuff. So there are no guarantees about that release date. It might be December. Just rest assured, there is more to come! And i know how much that really matters to y'all

Happy Spring to everybody. Thanks for your ongoing support and for reading this post.

Kimara & B.Sue
    Precognitive Records
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com

Indeed. It is a great release and it is a shame that the information about stuff that a lot of people might like just ends up withering away in "What's On, What's New".

I just listened to it earlier today for the first time, and can only echo what Kerry & Dave said. Beautiful music.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Very cool. I look forward to hearing this!

wow, i just noticed this! thanks Kerry for your lovely comments and for posting this. i hope it doesn't offend anyone (having two threads about the album)

i'm glad folks are enjoying this. it's a very personal album, as many of mine are, but i'm always happy when they connect with others.

i hope people continue to find something to like about it

take care everyone,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

The songs are really nice. A bit jazzy/canterburyesque. Nice melodies, nice chords. 'Spirals Down the Lazy River' and 'Accidental Wonder' are especially cool. I see also that Kimara will be joining Thinking Plague for a small tour of the Pacific Northwest leading up to the seaprog show. I'd really love to see one of these shows.

aren't you in that neck of the woods, Bill? maybe we will see you, eh?

all the best to you,

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Yep. I'll have to look for where and when. Do you have any set dates, other than seaprog?

Picked this up last week and love it. The first two cuts ("Heart of Fire" & "Spring Song") are especially beautiful. Instantly played them 3x in a row on first listen, which I rarely do. Awesome stuff, Kim! So glad you keep writing.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    I'd have purchased it by now if my taxes weren't taking such a bite out of me this year.
    Totally ditto, man (how's that for a new catch phrase?)! My work was just starting to pick up and... BLAM! The IRS knocked me back on my ass. Stupid self employment tax...

But anyway (ahem!), I did have a listen to Kim's new one and once again, it's an engaging chunk of music! Kimara really has his own thing, which is not to say it's "samey;" his stuff covers a lot of musical ground! But it all has that Kimara Sajn stamp on it, which I mean in the most complimentary way! If any "newbies" are reading this; definitely check Kim's stuff out; it's very progressive... without being derivative in any way.

Kudos, Kim!

I'm intrigued! I'll have a listen this week for sure!

Mark: thanks so much for the compliment. we're thrilled to know you're enjoying it!

Bill: i believe the Seaprog info is here - www.seaprog.org - and other potential dates will be here (as we get 'em) - http://www.thinkingplague.org

Kerry and Ernie:

we here at Red Balloon (makers of Amphetamine Shirt) would be happy to sponsor copies of said recording to you both, of course.

please send an email (or a PM) to remind us of your respective mailing addresses, eh?

it would be our pleasure, needless to say. you've been so generous with your own music

Dean:

i hope you like what you hear. you might also poke around the site and/or check out the streams page for a more 3D rendition of what we do...

peace yo,

K

Well done! This is certainly unique stuff. I'm getting a general Canterbury meets fusion but hooks up with Rundgren and early Bruce Cockburn along the way. Nice use of major and minor 7ths - and great 'unique' harmonies abound. Plus I like the looseness of it all - it has a relaxed, behind the beat feel. Good going Kimara!

thanks Dean.

i find your description above humourous but oddly apropos in certain ways, being a fan of all of those things myself. and certainly i do take it as a compliment, so thanks again!

i wanted people to know, hopefully without derailing interest in the newest album, that there is also a general access to streams of a number of the albums from our admittedly vast catalog. you can freely listen to any of these at any time.

in fact, for delightful surprises, you can visit this link http://www.precognitiverecords.com/streams?full to have the system serve up a random album from the streams page. just click the album cover to get in. it may be a quick and fun way to get a more complete sense of what it is we are actually doing. every time you visit that link, it should serve up something different. a few are just samplers but most of them will be complete albums.

our work is somewhat varied (probably an understatement) though we do feel it has a recognisable style throughout. some of it is far more abstract than this most recent album but we always strive for musicality, noise and/or silence

thanks again to everyone for their interest in our music. we're happy to know it is bringing some pleasure to you

all the best,

Kim & B.Sue

FYI:
    the streams page proper is http://www.precognitiverecords.com/streams wherein you'll find a nicely indexed listing of all of the albums currently available for streaming. we update that periodically so stay tuned...
    Last edited by Polypet; 05-14-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Listening to it for the first time now, and loving it a lot - feels like meeting someone for the first time that you instantly know is going to be a lifelong friend. Fantastic collection of songs/sounds/feelings. It's as beautiful as his music always is - he just never disappoints, there is apparently an endless supply of this radiant stuff flowing from him. Happiness!

Speaking of an endless supply of radiant stuff, I just counted 16 Kimara CDs here in the living room! Some folks here have mentioned musical influences, but I can never point to one definite thing. And this just may be a product of my ignorance?

I just hear a world of good sounds that have been thoroughly absorbed and reinvented in a fresh and invigorating way that resonates deeply. And melodies! Yes, lots of beautiful melodies! Same for Mr. Keneally. Thanks for all of the wonderful music!

Certainly deserves more attention !