Thread: Prophet Code, Zero Mercury and Kabob-o-taj Play Art Rock Showcase at Orion 11/17

Prophet Code, Zero Mercury and Kabob-o-taj Play Art Rock Showcase at Orion 11/17

It may be damn near impossible to top our shows last weekend at Orion, but I have very high hopes for this show. Those who heard the Zero Mecury we played between sets got a preview. At least two of the bands may have special guests sitting in. The official word:

A concert that highlight the creativity and diversity of bands from the Baltimore-Washington Area will occur on Saturday November 17 at 7PM when SOAR presents Prophet Code (MD), Zero Mercury (DC) and Kabob-O-taj (DC/MD). Admission to this all ages show is $15.

The showcase will be held at Orion Sound Studios, 2903 Whittington Ave., Suite C
    Baltimore, Md. 21230

Prophet Code (http://www.facebook.com/ProphetCode) is a new all originals progressive rock band that includes past and present members of Iluvatar.

Zero Mercury (http://www.facebook.com/ZeroMercuryMusic) is a highly improvisational heavy progressive rock group playing what could loosely be described as “space rock”. They are currently working on a full-length CD called The Awakening.

Kabob-O-taj (http://www.kabobotaj.com) breaches genre barriers without so much as a backward glance, and creates a diverse musical landscape sculpted through passion, improvisation and an unbreakable bedrock of musical understanding. With a unique blend of rock, reggae, funk, jazz, metal, and even classical influences, they produce an experimental sound that straddles a line between mellow and maniacal.

SOAR thanks all of these bands for donating their time and energies to help us continue spreading the Art Rock sound

I am looking forward to the show!

mark
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

FYI, I moved this over to "what's on, what's new" which is for promotions like this. While it's in a different forum, the plus side is that it won't get 'lost' the way threads like this tend to on the main/ot forums.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I hope to be there.
    Shadup, sit down.
    - Ben Stern