Thread: POS - Cribcaged is...

Jon Neudorf

POS - Cribcaged is...

Absolutely fanatastic! Can't get this one out of my head. I know the lyrics caused plenty of controversy, especially in the States, but am really enjoying the entire album. If you can get past some of the lyrics, ie "America" there is lots of good stuff on this one. My favourite since Remedy lane. Anyone else? Has POS lost their relevance?

Regards,
    Jon

Pain of Salvation albums have long gestation periods for me. I pretty much hated Scarsick when it was released, but I stuck with it until it "clicked". Same with Road Salt One, to the point that I wrote the band off completely ... but I've come around on RS1, to the point where I'm considering getting RS2.

Scarsick is great, imho. Cribcaged doesn't offend this American. Love it.

I like RS1 too, but RS2 still hasn't clicked with me.

Jon Neudorf
    I meant the lyrics on "America". I should have explained that better in my original post. Nice to see some love for the band. Also like RS1, have RS2 but have not spun it yet.

Regards,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    I meant the lyrics on "America". I should have explained that better in my original post. Nice to see some love for the band. Also like RS1, have RS2 but have not spun it yet.

Regards,
    Jon
    I have no problem with the lyrics to "America" either.

Jon Neudorf
    Anyone else?

Listened again today. Gets better and better.

Regards,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Absolutely fanatastic! Can't get this one out of my head. I know the lyrics caused plenty of controversy, especially in the States, but am really enjoying the entire album. If you can get past some of the lyrics, ie "America" there is lots of good stuff on this one. My favourite since Remedy lane. Anyone else? Has POS lost their relevance?

Regards,
    Jon
    This is the only one of their albums that I don't have, so can't comment. Really looking forward to seeing these guys again at ROSfest.

Steve Sly

POS was auto buy until this album. I typically purchase via iTunes. Bought individual songs only. Did not want to pay for the America song. In addition, there was a song or two with alot of explicit language. Just not my cup of tea (to each their own). It seemed this was their attempt to be edgy. Did not work for me.

Only the song Scarsick was memorable to me. Good song

I will give this album another listen this week and see how it holds up.

I really like RS1 and RS2. Totally different than Remedy and prior, but a little more mature.

This band definitely falls into the category of progressive. Constantly changing. Daniel is one of the most talented musicians out there.