Thread: King Crimson mentioned in the film 'People Like Us'

King Crimson mentioned in the film 'People Like Us'

My wife picked this movie and we watched it last night, enjoyed it, but my favorite moment was when Elizabeth Banks was asked how her parents met, she breaks out with, "They met at a King Crimson' concert. I like Elizabeth Banks.

Nice one. What sort of characters were the parents?

The dad, who had died, was a record producer I think, and liked and listened to a ton of music-had a huge vinyl collection. I don't remember much about the mom.

At least it wasn't 'I was brought up by stupid hippies'. Sounds like someone actually liked Crimson and wanted to reference them as a tribute.

There's also a scene in the movie shot in Rhino records in California. In the background there's a picture of a Crimson album (Poseidon, iirc).

Also, when they show the Dad's home office, there are a number of photos on the wall that are pictures of him with musicians, one of which is Ian Anderson circa the mid-'70s.

King Crimson's "moon child" was featured in the movie from the 90's called Buffalo 66. The scene with that song features Christina Ricci tapdancing to it in a bowling alley. Two Yes songs are also in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    There's also a scene in the movie shot in Rhino records in California. In the background there's a picture of a Crimson album (Poseidon, iirc).

Also, when they show the Dad's home office, there are a number of photos on the wall that are pictures of him with musicians, one of which is Ian Anderson circa the mid-'70s.
    Wow, I didn't see those. (Contact lenses were off, so I was missing a bit of the visuals)

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Wow, I didn't see those. (Contact lenses were off, so I was missing a bit of the visuals)
    Well...I saw it in the theater, so it was much bigger picture.