Thread: RIP Scott Miller Game Theory and The Loud Family

Jefferson James

RIP Scott Miller Game Theory and The Loud Family

Man, I am SO very bummed to hear of the death of Scott Miller; this guy was the definition of "uncompromising" when it came to songwriting. I always either loved or was confused by his music -- often both -- with his bands Game Theory and The Loud Family. I feel like we just lost an incredibly musical mind and I'm bummed. What a fucking difficult week this has been, and it's only Wednesday. RIP Scott.

Jefferson James
    Ok, ok, I didn't want to see this devolve into a political thread so I'm asking the moderators to close it now before any more mud-slinging or damage is done.

You crack me up, Kerry.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Jefferson James

To the mods: I didn't intend to suggest this post be moved to this particular forum; Scott Miller was, in his own words, "nationally obscure as opposed to regionally obscure" and I didn't expect the thread to evolve into a big hullabaloo with everyone pitching in and contributing stories and behind-the-scenes anecdotes.

This should probably be moved back to the "community" page for the sake of consistency; please know I was just being silly and not trying to get this moved to a higher profile page. I know from obscure.

Sorry to hear of his passing. The only music I have of his is the Loud Family Plants and Birds CD which is good. I've wanted to hear the Game Theory stuff but its been OOP and pricey. Thanks to your post I find there's some free downloads so I'll check it out.

This is so freaking weird. I pulled out his "Music: What Happened?" book a few days ago and have been greatly enjoying rambling through it, and was just about to try to contact him - I played on one Loud Family album at his house years ago, and then we went to see the movie "Rushmore" together and got a meal and we had a really wonderful time. It was the only time I hung out with him, and reading his beautiful writings about music he loved made me excited about re-establishing contact. And then I saw this thread. I'm floored. Man.