Thread: Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Tony, Geezer) announce North American tour

Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Tony, Geezer) announce North American tour

Aug. 4 – Holmdel, N.J., PNC Bank Arts Center
    Aug. 14 – Toronto, Ontario, Air Canada Centre
    Aug. 24 – Quincy, Wash., Gorge Amphitheatre
    Sept. 3 – Los Angeles, Calif., Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena

That's it folks.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=804850

Now North American fans will get their chance to see Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler in 2013. Featuring just three stops in the U.S. and one gig in Canada, today’s announcement marks Black Sabbath’s first tour of the continent since 2005. Last year the band’s initial 2012 reunion dates included a performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago. Now Ozzy & Co. are coming back to the states this summer. Previously announced shows around the globe include dates in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Europe.
    The reunion tour goes along with Black Sabbath’s first album with Ozzy Osbourne since 1978. Produced by Rick Rubin, 13 is due out June 10 (June 11 in the U.S. and Canada). Check out the debut of 13’s first single – “God Is Dead?” – on Clear Channel’s more than 40 active rock and mainstream rock radio stations nationwide April 18 at 3 p.m. Eastern Time.

There is a facebook presale starting today, general ticket sales start Saturday, April 20th.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I suspect that the US will get more dates after some things are sorted out in terms of the schedule and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    I suspect that the US will get more dates after some things are sorted out in terms of the schedule and what not.
    Let's hope. I would suspect that Tony's health might be a factor. So, we'll see.

Space Cadet
    I treated myself to VIP tickets for the NJ show...hoping for more dates but I won't pass on this all the same.

July 25 – The Woodlands, Texas, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
    July 27 – Austin, Texas, Frank Erwin Center
    July 29 – Tampa, Fla., Live Nation Amphitheatre
    July 31 – West Palm Beach, Fla., Cruzan Amphitheatre
    Aug. 2 – Bristow, Va., Jiffy Lube Live
    Aug. 6 – Clarkston, Mich., DTE Energy Music Theatre
    Aug. 8 – Uncasville, Conn., Mohegan Sun Arena
    Aug. 10 – Philadelphia, Pa., Wells Fargo Center
    Aug. 12 – Mansfield, Mass., Comcast Center
    Aug. 16 – Tinley Park, Ill., First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    Aug. 18 – Noblesville, Ind., Klipsch Music Center
    Aug. 22 – Vancouver, British Columbia, Rogers Arena
    Aug. 26 – Mountain View, Calif., Shoreline Amphitheatre
    Aug. 28 – Irvine, Calif., Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
    Aug. 30 – Phoenix, Ariz., US Airways Center
    Sept. 1 – Las Vegas, Nev., MGM Grand Garden Arena
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Something near Pittsburgh would be nice

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Guess I'll drive down to Uncasville
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.