Thread: Upstate NY Record Stores?

Upstate NY Record Stores?

Going to be heading up near Cooperstown for the weekend from Brooklyn. Any worthwhile places with vinyl to hit along the way?

Thanks,

I used to frequent Music City in Binghamton all the time... but I don't know if they are still around. The owner Benny was VERY prog friendly; I bought most of my Eloy discs there, right off the rack.

sourdough advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    Going to be heading up near Cooperstown for the weekend from Brooklyn. Any worthwhile places with vinyl to hit along the way?

Thanks,
    When you get to Albany, stop into Last Vestige - a fair amount of used and new, vinyl and CD. They're on Quail St. Google for directions. Enjoy

Check them out at www.lastvestige.com
    They also have a store in Saratoga if you're heading up the northway a few more miles.
    Last edited by Johnkil; 04-18-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    When in doubt....

If you get to the Ithaca area, about an hour and a half west of Cooperstown, there's a great record store there in the common called Angry Mom Records. Prices can be a bit high, but he has quite a selection of rare records. I got the Four Seasons/Genuine Imitation Life Gazette LP with the newspaper fold-out intact there for $4.00, which is a pretty good deal.

While in Cooperstown, if you enjoy a good beer, stop at the Cooperstown Brewery. Very good craft brewery specializing in English Ales. And just around the corner from the Cooperstown Brewery is the Ommagang Brewery known for their Belgian styles.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Thanks for the recommendations. We will only be up there for a bit over a day, so Ithaca and Albany are too far out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    While in Cooperstown, if you enjoy a good beer, stop at the Cooperstown Brewery. Very good craft brewery specializing in English Ales. And just around the corner from the Cooperstown Brewery is the Ommagang Brewery known for their Belgian styles.
    Ommegang is definitely on the itinerary. Good to know about Cooperstown Brewery. Thanks!

Another thumbs up for Ommegang!
    ...and if you're a Game of Thrones fan:

Ommegang releases 'Game of Thrones' ale: Drink like a Lannister

http://www.latimes.com/features/food...,1335417.story

Also the Baseball Hall of Fame is there. Think I was there around 1972.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Had a fine Ommegang Triple while dining in NYC two years ago, so a from me.

I've been to a used vinyl store in Oneonta. Not sure what the name is, but I see there is a store called "The Vinyl Record Vault" on Main St. That could be it.

Bob

The Cooperstown Brewing Company is actually in Milford, which is a few miles south of Cooperstown, but well worth the trip. They have a short tour and a great tasting room. Old Slugger is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by bobg56 View Post
    I've been to a used vinyl store in Oneonta. Not sure what the name is, but I see there is a store called "The Vinyl Record Vault" on Main St. That could be it.
    FYI, this place was a total waste of time. Didn't feel too bad because we parked a half block away when we stopped in Oneonta for a lunch break. Basically an oversized indoor flea market stall with beat dollar records gouged up to about $7 each. Vaguely organized, but just in cardboard boxes piled on top of other junk. Clearly just trying to get the local college kids who don't know anything better.