Thread: Seconds Out on DVD?

Seconds Out on DVD?

Has there ever been (or maybe will be) a video version of the album?

It's in the box set !

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Has there ever been (or maybe will be) a video version of the album?
    Not a commercial release or broadcast, no. Some songs were filmed in Dallas, I believe it was, on the W&W tour. I believe it was Firth Of Fifth, The Lamb/The Musical Box, and Dance On A Volcano/Los Endos. During the Squonk reprise in Los Endos, they cut a bunch of still photos (I think mostly from the Second's Out gatefold), probably because they were having trouble videoing the lasers that were the focal point of the visual presentation at that point in the song.

If I remember correctly, this was actually produced by Showco, the company the band (and many other bands) rented their lights, PA, lasers, etc from. It was intended as a demo reel, of sorts, to show perspective clients, as a means of saying "This is what we did for Genesis last year, we could do something similar for you!" That's the other reason why it goes to still photos during the Squonk bit in Los Endos, because still photography did a better job, circa 1977, at capturing some of the visuals than videotape or film did.

This would be my Holy Grail as Seconds Out was my first Genesis Album and one of my absolute favorite. Here's a clip from Sao Paulo. One assumes there would be more of this footage somewhere.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Stickleback View Post
    This would be my Holy Grail as Seconds Out was my first Genesis Album and one of my absolute favorite. Here's a clip from Sao Paulo. One assumes there would be more of this footage somewhere.
    Not necessarily. Given that it's just one camera, it kinda looks to me like TV news crew footage. Typically, in those circumstances, they film just one or two songs (though typically they film something earlier in the show, whereas I Know What I Like would have been toward the end of the set, I believe), and whatever doesn't get used in the news story is typically taped over. I would also question the source of the audio. That's most definitely not news crew audio. Does a soundboard tape exist of the Sao Paolo show?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    It's in the box set !
    No, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    It's in the box set !
    No, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    No, it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Flang View Post
    No, it's not.
    I'm not Rufus' lawayer, but I think he meant it's in a DVD-A form... (not video)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Well....on the last version of Trick of the Tail was that "In Concert 76 (77?)" video with about half a dozen songs. It isn't the "Seconds Out Live" video but it is pretty good.

I made my own film in my head...
    I live in an ephemeral eternity