Thread: Feliu I Joan Albert (1977)

Feliu I Joan Albert (1977)

I just stumbled on this interesting album which I never heard of before, and must order immediately, despite of the lame cover
    Those of you who likes flamenco, Chick Corea, Villa Lobos, Alberto Ginastera, Brasilian or italian fusion should dive in.

Feliu I Joan Albert (1977)
    Listen to this amazing track : El Calita De Cassoles

or

Waysidemusic carries it.

The guitarist's website: http://www.feliugasull.com/audio/eng_audio_migdia.htm

He has a quite unique style of playing.

yeah these are the leader of from Musica Urbana playing with a classical guitarist feliu gasull. we know about this album and its awesome dude!
    Last edited by yogibear; 04-19-2013 at 11:31 AM.

One of my favorite albums. Melodic and accessible, but with plenty of chops and interesting compositions to keep it interesting. I didn't expect to like this as much as I do, but it won me over quickly and brings joy every time I listen.

Bill

Horrible cover, great inside. One of Spain's best!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's a great cover - a two-headed Spanish guy!

Greetings,

I've always enjoyed this album a lot. Both guys are major talents, IMO, and the chemistry is really nice between them here. Quite densely (musically) packed for a mostly acoustic affair as well.

Cheers,

Alan

I listened to the whole thing last weekend. At times scorchingly virtuoso stuff, but never for show's sake. Feliu Gasul famously also wrote a guitar concerto which Andres Segovia considered near-impossible to perform - yet Gasul himself actually did it!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Classic album
    anyone remember the Gasul track on recommended Records sampler ?
    I like even more then the album...

The timing 01:20:42 - well worth taking the bother of scroling

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    remember the Gasul track on recommended Records sampler ? I like even more then the album...
    As with the Conventum track (on the Rec sampler), this is the best thing I ever heard by the artist in question.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    As with the Conventum track (on the Rec sampler), this is the best thing I ever heard by the artist in question.
    So right
    Both seem like taken from later periods more advanced and developed

I also like his classical works. As a guitarist he has his very own style, very different from other classical guitarists. Extremely virtuoso playing. The recording as well, which he does himself. So if you are into modern classical guitar, check him out.

Nice album!

i just got this on emusic.com great stuff, again.

Quote Originally Posted by trondis23 View Post
    I also like his classical works. As a guitarist he has his very own style, very different from other classical guitarists. Extremely virtuoso playing.
    I always thought he was primarily a bona fide autodidact flamenco guitarist who went into a more "scholarly" direction; I seem to remember reading in one of the old ReR Quarterly issues (I believe?) that Gasul even learnt music theory and reading/writing by studying texts and charts on his own. Or am I mixing him up with Paolo Angeli or Rene Lussier or someone here?