Thread: Magma - Mythes et Legendes DVD Volume 5

Magma - Mythes et Legendes DVD Volume 5

I thought I remembered reading that a 5th volume in the Mythes et Legendes DVD series was planned. I couldn't find much information apart from a tantalising hint here that it is due to be released on 6th May (given the site, I am assuming 'sensible' date format ).

Can anyone confirm this or provide any other information about this release please?

Due in the next week. I posted on our weekly email blast the names of the pieces included, but I don't have access to that info easily at home.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Steve, are vols. 1-4 still in print?

Great! Thanks Steve.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Due in the next week. I posted on our weekly email blast the names of the pieces included, but I don't have access to that info easily at home.
    Here you go, from Steve's email

MAGMA-Epok 5 DVD (here in late April!! TWO HOURS! Recorded 7/2011. Includes: Attahk (Retrovision), Riah Sahltaahk, Dondai, Felicite Thosz, Slag Tanz and Maahnt!!!!!(

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Steve, are vols. 1-4 still in print?
    All four still in stock at Wayside.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    All four still in stock at Wayside.
    Thanks - what I really want to know is if they're still in print. I'm thinking with vol. 5 being released, if any of the other volumes are OOP it will make them that much easier to sell. I like these DVDs, but they're sort of gathering dust.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks - what I really want to know is if they're still in print. I'm thinking with vol. 5 being released, if any of the other volumes are OOP it will make them that much easier to sell. I like these DVDs, but they're sort of gathering dust.
    Well I can use 3 and 4 if the price is right
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well I can use 3 and 4 if the price is right
    There isn't a wrong price for those! Essential! - especially vol. 3.

Yeah, I could use 3 and 4 again as I have played my copies so often they are breaking down.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Yeah, I could use 3 and 4 again as I have played my copies so often they are breaking down.
    Really? Anyone here ... has this happened very much with any DVDs you have?

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Really? Anyone here ... has this happened very much with any DVDs you have?
    I've had it happen a couple times with DVD's I bought off of Ebay, but those were bootleg releases, so they may have actually been DVD-R's, which may have been faulty.

But I've heard it said that if you play a DVD enough or if you pause it in the same place enough times or for long enough, the laser can damage the DVD. I remember someone who worked at a video store saying, I think it was Fast Times At Ridgemont High, the scene where the girl climbs out of the swimming pool and takes her top off, apparently there'd be a glitch at that very moment in the film (usually in the form of the video freezing for a few minutes, then skipping to the other side of the glitch, usually skipping several minutes of material). So what apparently was happening was people (presumably mostly of the masculine persuasion) were uhm, using that scene for...ya know...purposes.

Experts say that, much like the destruction of the combined G'Gugvuntts and Vl'hurgs space fleet at the paws of a small dog, this sort of thing happens at countless video rental places, with countless films with notorious nude/sex scenes (and perhaps some not so notorious), all over the world, all the time, but they're powerless to do anything about it.

Well, I can't speak for FTIRH, but for Magma, no question my DVDs stop and skip a lot- I do not know if it is my player or the discs, though. On my little travel DVD (for when I fly), I have lots of problems. On my home player, not so much.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

I have no problems with mine.
    Try them on different machines, PC's etc. - I would guess its the player that is getting worn.

I've held off buying vols 3 and 4 because of the much higher price than vols 1 and 2, any chance 3 and 4 will ever be reduced to $18 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    I've held off buying vols 3 and 4 because of the much higher price than vols 1 and 2, any chance 3 and 4 will ever be reduced to $18 too?
    Same here, waiting on deep discounts
    Ian

Same here, waiting on deep discounts
    Don't wait too long. If they go OOP the price may go the other way.