Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday to me!!!

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Today is my birthday. Happy birthday to me!!!
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 04-13-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Wow

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Happy birthday, sir, a day late. Certainly is a good day for a birthday.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier! Hope you had a fabulous day

Yes, you are all a day late and a dollar short.

I had originally posted more which was in the lines of "I have been in the PE community for ten years or so on and off and nobody could even wish me a happy birthday bla bla blah and I am apparently not popular on here which is why blah blah blah" but then deleted it. Then BG posted the "wow" comment because he apparently couldn't fathom someone complaining about people not acknowledging their birthday. The truth is it does kind of suck to have to start your own birthday thread but that's the way it goes.

Anyway, I went out with family last night to a sports bar near where my brother lives called "Chickie and Petes." IT's mostly a seafood kind of place that is family friendly. We had fun. Then we all went back to my brother's place for cake and ice cream. I was going to go out later but didn't.

Thanks to the few people on here who responded to this thread. The rest of you can suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Thanks to the few people on here who responded to this thread. The rest of you can suck it!
    Hehe! Are there notifications on here like on facebook? I just happened to see the thread, or else I wouldn't have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    BG posted the "wow" comment because he apparently couldn't fathom someone complaining about people not acknowledging their birthday.
    ...Wow

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    ...Wow

BG

Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    Hehe! Are there notifications on here like on facebook? I just happened to see the thread, or else I wouldn't have known.

Apparently not but I don't know for sure. There is definitely a highschoolish popularity contest element to this site. If you aren't one of the "cool kids" you won't get a birthday thread unless you start one yourself.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Happy Belated Birthday, DM!

On PE Classic there was a thingy that scrolled peoples' birthdays across the top of the screen, but still, someone had to notice your name there and start a Happy Birthday thread, so it was always sporadic. I'm as popular as can be on PE (except with Republicans and Poisoned Youth) but my birthday usually goes uncelebrated here. I once did the same thing you did, started my own thread, and I was raked over the coals.

Anyway, it doesn't have anything to do with popularity, really.

Birthdays don't seem to get any traction on PE3, not the way they did on PE2. And now, with the Greatest Living Canadian no longer on the board, even his birthday will fall by the wayside.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Wow. Lino quit PE? When did that happen and why? I just noticed his name not on the list and I assume that is who you are referring to.

No one wished me a happy birthday on PE this past year. And you know, I know a lot of people around here and a lot of people know me. So what was *that* all about?

Maybe I just answered my own question. ;-)

Big picture? It's not a big deal. Well, not to me, anyway. What goes on off of here and out in the big ole world matters a little more. Happy birthday, Mike. :-)

Happy belated birthday, man!

You were brave and decided to do what I've thought of doing many times on here when my birthday rolled around. I was never in the cliques in high school, and I'm not as an adult, so yeah, I know how it feels to see all the birthday wishes being tossed about while yours goes unnoticed. Hope your day was an enjoyable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    No one wished me a happy birthday on PE this past year. And you know, I know a lot of people around here and a lot of people know me. So what was *that* all about?

Maybe I just answered my own question. ;-)

Big picture? It's not a big deal. Well, not to me, anyway. What goes on off of here and out in the big ole world matters a little more. Happy birthday, Mike. :-)

Well Amy, you were a very important fixture on PE for a while about two years ago then you sort of disappeared recently so maybe that has something to do with it I'm not sure. However, I'm very surprised to hear that you didn't get one either actually.

Anyway, thanks for saying HB.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Happy belated birthday, man!

You were brave and decided to do what I've thought of doing many times on here when my birthday rolled around. I was never in the cliques in high school, and I'm not as an adult, so yeah, I know how it feels to see all the birthday wishes being tossed about while yours goes unnoticed. Hope your day was an enjoyable one.

Thanks. Yeah that's me too for sure. Yeah these days I tend not to go out of my way too much to be friendly. When I try to be friendly or popular not much happens and it doesn't get me anywhere so I just wind up saying screw it and try to enjoy my own company. So I'm even more confused now as to why someone who would most certainly get a birthday thread(and more than just his actual birthday)would quit this site. Oh well.

You shouldn't take having no one start you a birthday thread as a slight. Personal information here in general on PEv3 is much less 'obvious', and if you've noticed, there are barely any birthday threads on that forum.

I didn't even get one, and I'm a mod here (oh...right). You'd think with the 150 times Jed posts here per week, he could have wished me happy birthday.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Wow

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    You shouldn't take having no one start you a birthday thread as a slight. Personal information here in general on PEv3 is much less 'obvious', and if you've noticed, there are barely any birthday threads on that forum.

I didn't even get one, and I'm a mod here (oh...right). You'd think with the 150 times Jed posts here per week, he could have wished me happy birthday.
    Well in all fairness to Jed did you wish him one?

For some people, a birthday is just another day on the calendar. Here is my favorite b-day song. The last time I heard it was during the Transatlantic show in Chicago a few years ago. Don't recall whose birthday it was, the show was on April 20, but the timing of the bands' playing it was excellent, as it got everyone up off their butts and out of their seats after the conclusion of the 70-minute Whirlwind.

Banned
    Why in the world would a grown man take exception to the fact that his birthday was ignored by anyone other than close personal friends and family? And even that? C'mon! This is little kid stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Why in the world would a grown man take exception to the fact that his birthday was ignored by anyone other than close personal friends and family? And even that? C'mon! This is little kid stuff!
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    And now, with the Greatest Living Canadian no longer on the board, even his birthday will fall by the wayside.
    Gil Perreault was on PE? How did I miss that?

Jefferson James
    Happy birthday a week late! Don't take the lack of well-wishes personally -- I just "discovered" this forum page yesterday. On the old PE, as someone said, it would mention whoever's birthday it was on a scrolling banner on the front page -- that is how I was tipped to whoever's birthday it was. PE3 is a lot more compartmentalized and therefore a lot more info gets by I would guess a majority of people.