Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Hackett - Tokoyo Tapes

Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager View Post
    Julian Colbeck is the keyboard player's name, he was in Steve's band at that time.

He didn't tour with Yes, but he did tour with Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe in the late 1980's, and can be seen on the DVD of that tour. I was never crazy about his playing either, to be honest.

As for Chester? To each they own bag of chips, my friend. To each they own bag of chips.
    I knew there.was a connection !

Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager View Post
    Julian Colbeck is the keyboard player's name, he was in Steve's band at that time.

He didn't tour with Yes, but he did tour with Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe in the late 1980's, and can be seen on the DVD of that tour. I was never crazy about his playing either, to be honest.

As for Chester? To each they own bag of chips, my friend. To each they own bag of chips.
    I can take Chester even if i don't like the way he tuned his snare at the time. But to me good keabords are the glue of such music and Julian Colbeck just don't nail it. Neither playing wise nor in his choise of sounds.
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Colbeck played with ABWH, I think. Not certain about that though

I love the CDs. So many great performances, but to me the most surprising is how good the acoustic "Heat of the Moment" is - just Wetton and Hackett on acoustic guitar. The song sounds so different - reflective and a bit somber.

My only minor complaint was that no KC from 73-74 made it on there, but I think that was to give some homage to Ian McDonald (since the KC tracks they played were both McDonald/Sinfield compositions vs whole band comps)

I have the original DVD release, which I bought a few years ago. One thing that I particularly noticed was John Wetton's exceptional bass playing - he really is an excellent bassist

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo621 View Post
    Colbeck played with ABWH, I think. Not certain about that though

I love the CDs. So many great performances, but to me the most surprising is how good the acoustic "Heat of the Moment" is - just Wetton and Hackett on acoustic guitar. The song sounds so different - reflective and a bit somber.

My only minor complaint was that no KC from 73-74 made it on there, but I think that was to give some homage to Ian McDonald (since the KC tracks they played were both McDonald/Sinfield compositions vs whole band comps)
    As I mentioned above, Colbeck most certainly played with ABWH, both the album and the tour.

He is most visible on the DVD "An Evening Of Yes Music Plus" during Jon's solo spot.

So, you are most correct, sir.
    "He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy. But he who kisses the joy as it flies lives in Eternity's sunrise..." - William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by shomanca View Post
    I have the original DVD release, which I bought a few years ago. One thing that I particularly noticed was John Wetton's exceptional bass playing - he really is an excellent bassist
    With King Crimson between 1972-1974, he was one of the most creative bassists on the scene- and his level of volume and aggression were really, really awe inspiring.
    "He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy. But he who kisses the joy as it flies lives in Eternity's sunrise..." - William Blake