Thread: Genesis I KNOW WHAT I LIKE Gallo's book for the iPad! and Hackett's on board...

Genesis I KNOW WHAT I LIKE Gallo's book for the iPad! and Hackett's on board...

Armando Gallo has launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring his legendary I KNOW WHAT I LIKE Genesis Biography. The Kickstarter page has a video of Steve Hackett playing and introducing the campaign and another video of Gallo himself talking about it and showing the work in progress.
    Hackett will contribute sounds and music! There are great rewards in the campaign and Armando needs help from all us Genesis' Friends.
    Please visit, check out and help... you can donate from $1 and get great rewards and your name in the book for a little more.
    There is also a new Facebook page for the App that you can like and see the updates, news, etc.
    Please LIKE the page and Share.
    Every Genesis fan I know treasures this book. 80% of the original book was in black and white, but Armando has all the color pictures and more... hundreds more. Plus hours of interviews, etc. He wants to create the ultimate edition of the book so the Genesis History will be kept alive forever and the app will be able to gather the fans all around the world. Let's help him make this happen!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Does the most expensive reward (dinner at Armando's house) include travel arrangements? All the othes say they don't, but this one doesn't say it. I assume, though, that it doesn't.
    That's a pretty cool reward though, and far less expensive than Yes Camp!

Here's hoping Armando creates a version of the app for Android tablets as well. Not everyone has an iPad.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Does the most expensive reward (dinner at Armando's house) include travel arrangements? All the othes say they don't, but this one doesn't say it. I assume, though, that it doesn't.
    That's a pretty cool reward though, and far less expensive than Yes Camp!
    No it doesn't... Cool reward indeed, and for a great cause!

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Here's hoping Armando creates a version of the app for Android tablets as well. Not everyone has an iPad.
    Indeed.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Doing the Android version will take almost double the money because the app is highly interactive and iOS and Android are very different beasts in that respect. Armando didn't want to "dumb down" the app and make it less appealing for both platforms so he decided to launch the iPad version first with the highest quality possible. The Android version may happen, though, if the campaign is very successful and the funds far exceed the require amount and/or is a great commercial success when it launches and sales projections will justify the extra development costs, even if it just break-evens... this is a labour of love for Armando and he wants the Genesis Legacy to stay, so it's up to us fans to make this real.

I'm out.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How about an interactive Wii version? You could try walking and singing in the Slipperman costume.

65% of the goal achieved... 7K to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I just want the book on paper.
    There are a few special hardcover autographed copies left in the Kickstarter site.

http://bit.ly/genesisgallo

Or maybe you can try to find a used one on amazon.