Thread: Allan Holdsworth coming to Crossroads Festival,MSG,NYC.

Allan Holdsworth coming to Crossroads Festival,MSG,NYC.

Is this the first time he's ever been invited? I give Eric huge props for doing this. Holdsy could use a wider audience.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So this thing's sold out, but there's no schedule yet? Crazy. I've never heard of this festival before.

Should be a good one. Allman Bros too. McLaughlin was on there some years ago. Holdsworth should definitely be on it. Jeff Beck, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Albert Lee.
    Isn't this thing streamed?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    So this thing's sold out, but there's no schedule yet? Crazy. I've never heard of this festival before.
    Obviously others have!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

This is like what,the 4th Crossroads Festival? Eric Clapton is the brains behind it. I thought everyone knew about these.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

It has been held in Chicago several times at the soccer stadium and has sold out everytime well in advance. I have never been myself, but know several people who have and heard nothing but raves. The lineup is always top notch, with mostly blues artists, but Clapton usually throws in a few surprises as well. They have shown highlights on Palladia over the years and it has always looked like a great time. If it ever comes back to the midwest I would consider going.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It has been held in Chicago several times at the soccer stadium and has sold out everytime well in advance. I have never been myself, but know several people who have and heard nothing but raves. The lineup is always top notch, with mostly blues artists, but Clapton usually throws in a few surprises as well. They have shown highlights on Palladia over the years and it has always looked like a great time. If it ever comes back to the midwest I would consider going.

Steve Sly
    Wasn't the first one,2005? in Texas? I know ZZ TOP were there.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post

Steve Sly
    Wasn't the first one,2004? in Texas? I know ZZ TOP were there. Right it happened in 2004,2007,2010, and is set to happen again in 2013. There are 2 dvds of the 2004 and 2007 shows. One of the highlights was Jeff Beck on Cause We've Ended As Lovers with Tal Wilkenfeld doing a bass solo that will knock your socks off.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ipSspfDNVGc

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Wasn't the first one,2005? in Texas? I know ZZ TOP were there.
    Yes, they were. As was Santana, Jeff Beck, Larry Carlton, Steve Vai, Buddy Guy, Joe Walsh, BB King, Jimmy (bleah) Vaughan, John McLaughlin, Neal Schon,... and me. Oh, that Clapton guy was there, too.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    Yes, they were. As was Santana, Jeff Beck, Larry Carlton, Steve Vai, Buddy Guy, Joe Walsh, BB King, Jimmy (bleah) Vaughan, John McLaughlin, Neal Schon,... and me. Oh, that Clapton guy was there, too.
    I was wrong about the date,it was 2004.