Thread: The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion soundtrack

The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion soundtrack

Does anyone else find this soundtrack as insanely beautiful as I do? Skyrim's was good too...but something about Oblivion's was legendary. I recently did a guitar - piano - synth cover of my favorite tune from Oblivion, called "King and Country", check it out here.I find "King and Country" to be one of the most beautiful songs ever, and it holds a lot of personal meaning to me outside of video games. It drives me crazy when people discredit beautiful music from video games because it may be considered "nerdy" to listen to. Some of my all time favorite songs are from video games, particularly Zelda.

Hi, this cover is done very well. For me, it is almost too faithful to the original. I also dig Soule's soundtracks to the Elder Scrolls Games Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. They really add much to the athmosphere.

I love both soundtracks to Oblivion and Skyrim. Really wonderful music that add so much to the atmosphere and help to transport you to another world.
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
    -Frank Zappa

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I just noticed the guy who did this music has a project on Kickstarter, in case you're interested:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...1?ref=category

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ombasan View Post
    Hi, this cover is done very well. For me, it is almost too faithful to the original. I also dig Soule's soundtracks to the Elder Scrolls Games Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. They really add much to the athmosphere.
    I wondered that myself, and debated whether I should deviate from the original or stay true to it. I guess my deviation was only texture-based, as it was really fun and interesting to try to mimic the sounds that an orchestra makes with my guitar. I also don't read music, and the only way I can learn or cover songs is by listening. The really fun part of this was picking the song apart, because even though I have heard it a million times, I found many subtle layers that I had never noticed before.

I missed out on Morrowind, as I only first heard of TES series in 2007. I LOVE the music from it though, and I have a playlist consisting entirely of all of the "wandering" music from all three games. Very relaxing.

Thanks for sharing Soule's kickstarter, I definitely want to support this guy however I can. Would be awesome to spend $1500 and go chill with him while he records it......