Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forum. Hello people!

The thing I like best about PE is the nearly unanimous agreement about most subjects (like how Dream Theater is the greatest band ever). And even better, when people disagree here at PE they do so in such a respectful manner that you can't help but admire the opinions of both sides (like the arguments over whether James LaBrie is the best vocalist ever).

Oh wait, I may have confused PE with the US Congress. My bad!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroProg View Post
    The thing I like best about PE is the nearly unanimous agreement about most subjects (like how Dream Theater is the greatest band ever). And even better, when people disagree here at PE they do so in such a respectful manner that you can't help but admire the opinions of both sides (like the arguments over whether James LaBrie is the best vocalist ever).

Oh wait, I may have confused PE with the US Congress. My bad!
    And what's wrong with MY congress? I'll be up in arms about this until someone tells me to shut up.
    The older I get, the better I was.

It's a great place if you like to talk about weird music. We do that a lot. And yes, it's drained my wallet a few times when I get turned onto bands I like, that I had no idea existed.

I don't know if you're a musician or not, but there are dozens of us that share and talk shop in the off-topic area. Also, graphic artists hang out here too, and some of their work is very engaging as well. So there's all sorts of interesting goings-on to join into.

Welcome!
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I like this board because recently we had a 8-page thread about Triumvirat that actually got kinda heated. You're not going to find something like that on rateyourmusic.com for crying out loud.
    LOL! Good quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    It's compulsary for new members to start a Yes thread to verify their membership !
    This is correct. Also, you have to answer a series of questions from the most attractive members here. So I'll start:

Why did Phil Collins kick Jon Anderson and Benoit David out of Yes?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Welcome. I've been here for just over 8 years so there is some type of pull that keeps you coming back. The people and the music are my biggest draws.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Is Louis still wxith us, though??? ... hasn't replied to any welcome on (t)his thread and haven't see him post anywhere else...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I think most message boards aren't as hot as this one. On many others it often takes a day or two to gather even a few responses. So he might not even have checked back yet. But who knows?
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

he's around
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.