Thread: Rebel Wheel gigs and other doings

Rebel Wheel gigs and other doings

We've been somewhat out of touch lately so I decided to post a wee update on the band.
    We have a gig coming up on April 12th at The Kaffe 1870 in Wakefield for those of you who might feel like coming out. We're featuring some stuff from the new album we have been working on called Whore's Breakfast.
    The band has two keyboard players who alternate as the occasion demands. Guy LeBlanc of course is well known to you all, but his work with Camel is taking up a lot of his time. Last year we drafted PepTide's keyboardist Scottie Irving into the fold and he will be featured at our Friday gig.

The band has a new site

http://www.therebelwheel.com

and we are making the demos for the new album available at out Bandcamp page. So far we have uploaded three demos and hope to upload some more before the intended release in the fall.

http://therebelwheel.bandcamp.com

The album itself is grittier than before and details years of substance abuse and the seedier side of life on the fringes. Right now the band is rehearsing the songs and performing them live for an intended live off the floor recording session in the fall.
    Last edited by fictionmusic; 04-08-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Hey David. The demos sound, well weird, but I know that's the style of the band and the writing. Great stuff once again. All the best with the shows and the recording. I wish I lived in Ottawa as I'd love to see you guys perform again.

Wilton
    Wilton Said... , Toronto Art Rock.
    http://www.wiltonsaid.com

Thanks Wilton. The gig at The Kaffe 1870 promises to be good. The Wakefield crowd are big fans and the cafe itself small and intimate.

Just bumping this one last time for any of the local folks who feel like braving the weather and coming on down to Wakefield.

We're on around 9 PM which means I'll be leaving soon in order to putt along on these crappy roads (and even crappier tires) to get there in time. Should be fun nevertheless.

i love the new tracks. excellent work, as usual

have an excellent show, David!

(What's On, What's New - where threads go to die - it's true )
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks Kim! The band is firing on all cylinders these days and we are looking forward to recording the new album.

Is this the old loft
    with the paint peeling off it....

with the rugs and the dust
    where the threads come to die?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I just downloaded We Are In the Time of Evil Clocks a couple of days ago, and am going to listen to some of it on my drive home today.

excellent Jed. I hope you like it.

^ It's really good - just finished it on my ride in to work this morning. Need a couple more good listens, but it's very good, and also for an album with an epic piece with a lot of parts, surprisingly varied.
    I love the (what I think is) Minimoog.

great! Glad you are enjoying it and yes there is a lot of minimoog stuff on it (well plug-ins of minimoogs by Ohmboyz and Arturia). We also used the Dave Smith Mopho a lot too which is a real analog synth much like the mini.

A friend of ours was at the gig last Friday and taped us doing her favorite song of ours. It was just after we had played a series of quiet jazz tunes for the sudden influx of grey hairs who dropped in for a glass of wine after a local play had let out. We detoured from our set and did some nice mellow stuff for them and then decided they had had enough time to imbibe and cranked it back up. The gig went really well as the rockier fans stuck around and we all got rowdier and rowdier. I love small bars.

Quote Originally Posted by fictionmusic View Post
    great! Glad you are enjoying it and yes there is a lot of minimoog stuff on it (well plug-ins of minimoogs by Ohmboyz and Arturia). We also used the Dave Smith Mopho a lot too which is a real analog synth much like the mini.
    Well, the MiniMoog plugins sound great!

Jefferson James
    David, wow -- that was a kick-ass performance, you and the band sound f'in great! Will be checking out the new Rebel Wheel demos later today after I get thru streaming Herd of Instinct. These are the salad days!

thanks you guys...and thank-you for your great little blurb on Facebook about working bands out there flying beneath the radar!