Thread: New BOLUS album "Triangulate" due April 23rd!

New BOLUS album "Triangulate" due April 23rd!

http://bolusmusic.com/2013/04/07/alb...t-triangulate/

Untitled - 1.jpg

We’re very happy to announce the upcoming release of our third studio album, Triangulate! Available just in time for our appearance at 2013′s Rites of Spring Festival, this album takes Bolus forward in a unique direction, building upon the production experience of our sophomore release, Delayed Reaction.

Being the first album written after the addition of bassist Daniel Avner, a new collaboration experience has allowed for a progression into exciting sonic territory. In May 2012, we had spent a week at the Karch family cottage on Georgian Bay, with the single goal of writing fresh material for the new album. In a drastic change of scenery, with our creative juices flowing, we spent the week jamming and writing non-stop, and eventually came back home to Toronto with 13 tracks that we couldn’t wait to share with our fans and friends around the world!

After recording demos, and further development of the songs, tracking for Triangulate began in November 2012 at Bolus Recording Studios, and ended in February 2013 at Wit’s End Studio. Drums and guitar tracking and had brought us to London, Ontario’s EMAC Studios and Solar Sound Studios, marking the first time Bolus has recorded an album in multiple cities.

Beautiful geometric artwork by Andy Kolenberg wonderfully complements our new musical compositions, and takes a refreshing turn from the art of previous Bolus album covers. Additionally, our own Mat Keselman has once again put his mixing talent to work with this release. We are truly excited to unleash the result of our work from the past year!

Look out for Triangulate on April 23, when it can be ordered as a CD or digital download from our official store at bolus.bandcamp.com, or digitally from iTunes, Amazon, and CD Baby!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Great news! I love these guys, and their first two CDs get a lot of airtime around here since my wife also really took to them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Very cool. I think these guys are going to be one of the highlights of ROSfest.

Steve Sly

Triangulate is released this Tuesday! I should have the CD by the end of the week. I hope RoSfest helps them gain some new fans.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Old man of prog
    Wow. Awesome discovery. I will purchase this from bandcamp Tuesday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    http://bolusmusic.com/2013/04/07/alb...t-triangulate/

Untitled - 1.jpg

We’re very happy to announce the upcoming release of our third studio album, Triangulate! Available just in time for our appearance at 2013′s Rites of Spring Festival, this album takes Bolus forward in a unique direction, building upon the production experience of our sophomore release, Delayed Reaction.

Being the first album written after the addition of bassist Daniel Avner, a new collaboration experience has allowed for a progression into exciting sonic territory. In May 2012, we had spent a week at the Karch family cottage on Georgian Bay, with the single goal of writing fresh material for the new album. In a drastic change of scenery, with our creative juices flowing, we spent the week jamming and writing non-stop, and eventually came back home to Toronto with 13 tracks that we couldn’t wait to share with our fans and friends around the world!

After recording demos, and further development of the songs, tracking for Triangulate began in November 2012 at Bolus Recording Studios, and ended in February 2013 at Wit’s End Studio. Drums and guitar tracking and had brought us to London, Ontario’s EMAC Studios and Solar Sound Studios, marking the first time Bolus has recorded an album in multiple cities.

Beautiful geometric artwork by Andy Kolenberg wonderfully complements our new musical compositions, and takes a refreshing turn from the art of previous Bolus album covers. Additionally, our own Mat Keselman has once again put his mixing talent to work with this release. We are truly excited to unleash the result of our work from the past year!

Look out for Triangulate on April 23, when it can be ordered as a CD or digital download from our official store at bolus.bandcamp.com, or digitally from iTunes, Amazon, and CD Baby!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Great news! I love these guys, and their first two CDs get a lot of airtime around here since my wife also really took to them.
    Hope they bring some to Rosfest.

I think this band will surprise a lot of peeps. Their 1st album is killer.

C'mon Bill, do you think for a nanosecond that they wouldn't???
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I have the first two albums and really enjoy them. Its an autobuy for me after the first two.

Ordered! Got the download to tide me over while I wait - about to dig in right now on my way to work! I love that feature, I wish more bands would make the 'immediate download' available when you purchase the CD.

Old man of prog
    On my first time through and loving it!

Listened to the album twice through today and enjoyed it a lot. Basically, if you like the first two, you'll like this one. They have a great energy!

Anyone else get this? My CD arrived this week and I've been enjoying it.

The band just tweeted that they are about to hit the stage at RoSfest. I hope the show goes well!