Thread: RARE Grateful Dead Test Block Proof - HELP!?

RARE Grateful Dead Test Block Proof - HELP!?

I am new to the forum and I'm not sure if I am in the right area, but I will try anyway.

I am a picker here in Portland, Maine USA. I recently happened upon some very unique music memorabilia. It is a Grateful Dead Test Proof Block done by Bob Thomas a year before he passed away.
    It is signed, dated and numbered "24 out of 50".

This picture is hand colored by Bob and was sent from Bob to Owsley "Bear" Stanley. I still have the original address sticker.

Any info on what something like this could be worth or a referral to someone that could help, would be greatly appreciated.
    image_1365110094407731.jpgimage_1365110118330982.jpgimage_1365110107876894.jpgimage_1365110160169113.jpg

I have no idea how much it's worth but i guess it's pretty rare since only 50 were printed. I found this further info:

http://www.thebear.org/GDLogo.html
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

Thanks! I did find that as well. I also found an art broker site that had sold one a long time ago that Owsley "Bear" Stanley had sold himself. It was identical to mine, just a different sequential number. BUT...unfortunately..Artbroker.com does not show what things have sold for...they just have a big red "SOLD" where the price used to be.

Hi. I have dealt with these folks and found them to be reputable. They do a consignment based auction that fetches top dollar for items like yours. Their website is:
    http://auction.sixtiesposters.com/
    and they have a contact phone number on the site. I think they would have tremendous interest in this, and they seem to do real real for their consigners. Good luck.