Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prog vendor to avoid permanently

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    ^ I used to despise the use of emoticons when they first came out but I've warmed to them, and some are just classic and well-played!

BTW, I've seen a couple of profile pics using the red square with the 2 lighter bars inside. I assume it stands for something, or is a statement of support for a movement or cause? - just being curious!

Prognoir is a coward using supposed language barriers as an excuse for piss poor behavior. There are others on PE for whom English is not their first language, and while they may sometimes stumble with certain phrases or words, they have proven themselves more than capable of meaningful conversation. Last I checked, the use of capitalization and punctuation is not exclusive to the English language.

As for the spectacularly indecipherable accusation: Having surrendered a sizable amount of coin to Mr. Golden from 1996 to present, I can say he has never done anything less than deliver the goods and offer top shelf support when things have gone wrong (and hey, place enough orders and something is bound to get lost in transit).

Ken is an excellent vendor, a good guy and a great supporter of the scene.

And you sir, are an ass.
    Last edited by battema; 04-04-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    Now, Prognoir is on my ignore-list, like you all should do. Is there a way to actually hid all threads started by the ones on your ignore-list, so you don't have to see anything he writes?
    Dude, why bother. The crackpot's posts read like WWII cyphers anyway.

I'm sorry Ken has to deal with this guy.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I have very little time for him at the best of times but this is beyond the pale. Ken's service has been exemplary to me & from the sound to just about all his customers. This should not be on the board, the mods should ban Jegheist permanently and remove the thread. Thoroughly ridiculous. If he has an isue this is not the forum. Ken - stay sane & stay safe.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Well, I found out about an apparently good vendor that I've never used before.

I've bought from Ken for a while and have never had anything but exemplary service. I also sent a moderate message on Jeg's initial post to get his ass banned.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    This is the only time I'll post about this and hopefully the moderators will remove the thread and ban Prognoir aka Jegheist - real name Jonathan Crout once and for all.

Jonathan tried to place an order on our website. It was declined by his bank. He replaced the order and indicated payment by check. After 2 1/2 weeks we had not received it. I contacted him and told him that I would not honor his orders in the future. He went off the handle. I received numerous emails and threatening phone calls from him. His rambling phone message was completely psychotic. He mentioned that there was a warrant out for his arrest for domestic violence. He said he had been institutionalized but supposedly now his meds were straightened out. (I don't think they've worked that part out yet). He then emailed that he had sent the money order but left out the post office box. He called and left that message as well. I ignored him.

Today I received a number of phone calls from him. I wouldn't take them. He left a voice message threatening me. He then tried to contact me through Facebook. He sent me the following message:

dont worry ill be at rosfest this year at your table u wont even recognise me ill get all my cds beofre its over ill have lil suprise waiting for you which you will be oweing me money you will have been served idiot my wife is at courts filing lawsuit against your stank nigga motherfucking ass

I have blocked him on Facebook. All of the above is documented. I recognize that he suffers from some form of severe mental illness. Regardless I must impress upon Jonathan that I take these matters very seriously. If he wants to avoid a visit from federal law enforcement he should immediately break off trying to contact me.

Ken Golden
    Oh man. Thanks Ken for posting that so we all can know what's up with this person. I don't care the slightest about his typing issues, but this is absolutely beyond the ridiculous and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Wow.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Truth to tell I don't order a lot of underground prog type music, just a handful of discs a year, but when I do I almost always use The Laser's Edge. I've never experienced anything other than a great selection, an easy to navigate and informative website and lightning fast shipping on virtually everything I've ordered.

Jegheist came on chat one Friday night (3 or 4 weeks ago) and started spewing his psychotic rants and threats, and totally ruined the night for everyone in there.

That being said, I am another one that will toot Ken's horn! His service and packaging are exemplary. I usually get a shipment notice within an hour after placing my order, and my order usually arrives the next day and intact. The same can generally be said for all the prog vendors, Kinesis, Wayside, Synphonic and even Amazon. For the last 7 years at least, I have bought all my cds through the internet and am amazed at how few problems I've encountered. Probably can count them on one hand.

Ken's an excellent vendor and a good guy. I've had nothing but great service via orders and personal dealings with him at NEARfest.

Sorry you have to deal with this, man.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Well, I found out about an EXCELLENT vendor that I've never used before.
    Corrected for ya.

Knowing this clown's track record and having been a customer of Ken's several times, Ken is 100% in the right and the clown is 100% in the wrong.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Sorry ken --I do know how you feel and I always found you very nice to deal with.

Hmm...
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.