Thread: is nathan mahl still alive guy leblancs band?

is nathan mahl still alive guy leblancs band?

aint made cd in 5 years now are they still together or what,Cant find any info if they r making new cd or whatnot

Well,funny you should ask that because Guy and I are facebook pals of recent and I asked him the same question. He says "there is another Nathan Mahl in progress,but the Camel gig will have to take precedence." Hang in there it will happen.

Nathan Mahl
    The new Nathan Mahl disc I've been working on for the last few years is in the final stages of mixing. The disc is titled Justify.
    It will probably only be released after the fall 2013 tour with Camel, as I'm already rehearsing for this tour.

All things Nathan Mahl are now and forevermore located at www.guyleblanc.com

Cheers,
    Guy L

good news Guy. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, good news!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I found all the Nathan Mahl music on Spotify this evening and decided to just listen to everything I don't have yet,starting with the monumental Heretik Trilogy. OMG! What fantastic music is on these albums. 3 is mind blowing,a 54 min. song that just goes insane in places and ends with a super majestic feel into a subtle fade away that's beyond gorgeous. I am now playing their song from Odyssey,Of Longings,Suitors,Deities and Quests. I am so into this band these last 2 weeks and I haven't even gotten to Guy LeBlanc's solo albums. This guy is a friggin' progenius.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I found all the Nathan Mahl music on Spotify this evening and decided to just listen to everything I don't have yet,starting with the monumental Heretik Trilogy. OMG! What fantastic music is on these albums. 3 is mind blowing,a 54 min. song that just goes insane in places and ends with a super majestic feel into a subtle fade away that's beyond gorgeous. I am now playing their song from Odyssey,Of Longings,Suitors,Deities and Quests. I am so into this band these last 2 weeks and I haven't even gotten to Guy LeBlanc's solo albums. This guy is a friggin' progenius.
    Progenius to say the least! One of the most underrated, unappreciated composer and keyboard players alive today. Most people do not even have a clue as to his brilliance and have not given him the respect he deserves IMO.
    Last edited by HONDO; 05-14-2013 at 01:02 PM.

You could PM him here on PE...
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    You could PM him here on PE...
    Guy posted earlier in this thread with an answer. I'm definitely on this bandwagon ever since I saw Guy play with Dave & Rebel Wheel at Progday. I've since entered Mahlland.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

[QUOTE=progeezer;100156]Guy posted earlier in this thread with an answer.QUOTE]

Thanks - I didn't see that
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    Progenius to say the least! One of the most underrated, unappreciated composer and keyboard players alive today. Most people do not even have a clue as to his brilliance and have not given him the respect he deserves IMO.
    Andrew Latimer sure has a clue!

I need to check Nathan Mahl out, I have always meant to....so much music, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Andrew Latimer sure has a clue!
    Amen to that brother, can't wait to see them this October!

After listening to Guy LeBlanc-Subversia(Scott McGill is all over this and plays his ass off as usual) and All the Rage,it became clear that Guy is Nathan Mahl. His solo music is so similar to Nathan Mahl, I can't really understand why he doesn't just title it all as Nathan Mahl, but he has his reasons and that's that. All I know is, I love everything he does.