Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YES - Spring Tour 2013 - a few photos...

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Why does Geoff need so many keyboards?
    - Because he can?
    - Because he doesn't want to spend weeks and weeks of time programming 1 or 2 keyboards?

I noticed in one of the shots he even has Moog Taurus pedals. Any idea in which song(s) he is using them?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    I noticed in one of the shots he even has Moog Taurus pedals. Any idea in which song(s) he is using them?
    I'd love some Moog Taurus pedals. I'm not a musician: I mean, just for when I'm at my desk in the office at work. They'd make meetings more fun.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Oh, hell yeah.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I'd love some Moog Taurus pedals. I'm not a musician: I mean, just for when I'm at my desk in the office at work. They'd make meetings more fun.

Henry
    I agree. Taurus pedals are more useful than most people realize! And they always sound awesome.
    The Mighty Megalosaurus
    Tree Pusher, WESAYSO Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Last time around, he was using them for sure on Yours is no Disgrace...but I think there were other places as well.

Yeah, it was kind of interesting to suddenly realize that Geoff had added those pedals. If you watch the more recent videos you can see that he uses them a fair amount.

But of course, there could also be the "I've got one of these and YOU DON'T, YUPPETS -- HA HA!!!" factor.

Geoffrey Downes ‏@asiageoff 21h
    Just landed and absolutely pissing it down in Tarana (that's how they say Toronto this neck of the woods!) Eh?
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Heh heh. It's true.

Hey little Donna...mmmm, you still wanna?

Ya said to look you up when I was in Tarana.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Nice write-up for the upcoming Mountain Park (Holyoke MA) show in our local paper (Daily Hampshire Gazette, Northampton MA) yesterday. The writer Ken is clearly a fan!

"Yes has always held a special place in my LP-filled heart — their symphonic and soulful prog rock has genuine beauty and spark even on critically maligned albums like “Tormato” and “Drama,” or at shows with sagging energy levels, or performed without original member and cosmic center Jon Anderson on unmistakable (and unmimic-able) vocals.

Anderson and his trademark high clear voice have been gone from the band for nearly a decade, though a 2008 tour was planned — and canceled when the singer was hit with acute respiratory failure. The other Yes men continued on, hiring Benoit David, lead vocalist for a Montreal-based Yes tribute band. They toured and made a new album (“Fly From Here”).

When the David-led version of Yes came to town in February 2010, the tempos were on the sluggish side but original members Chris Squire on bass and especially Steve Howe on guitar were musically strong; Howe was a scientist of sound on stage right, with spindly, exacting solos and a look of intense concentration as roadies ran around him to get his next guitar ready.

David is now gone — strangely he also ended up suffering from respiratory failure — and he’s since been replaced by Jon Davison (from Glass Hammer, a prog rock band based in Chattanooga, Tenn.), who has little trouble hitting Jon Anderson’s highest of high notes but doesn’t seem particularly at ease in the center of it all (and how could anyone except Anderson, really).

The big news is that the current lineup of Yes — Squire, Howe, Davison, drummer Alan White and keyboardist Geoff Downes — is touring the world with a show that has them performing the entirety of three of their strongest albums: “The Yes Album” (1971), “Close to the Edge” (1972) and “Going For the One” (1977). The group’s New York City show earlier this week sold out.

The band may never regain the sprightly step it once had, but Yes wrote some richly colorful epics over the years, and that melodic magic will forever be there in songs like “Starship Trooper,” “Siberian Khatru” and “Awaken” (and it’s always a joy to hear the quirky boogie “Going for the One”).

Yes brings its progressive mega-hits to Mountain Park on Saturday, July 27, at 8 p.m."

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Since Jon A was the one that wanted Patrick out of Yes in the first place, could he rejoin Yes? That would be cool.
    OMG! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Is Jon D. bringing the sexy to YES?
    There is definitely something appealing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    David is now gone — strangely he also ended up suffering from respiratory failure — and he’s since been replaced by Jon Davison (from Glass Hammer, a prog rock band based in Chattanooga, Tenn.), who has little trouble hitting Jon Anderson’s highest of high notes but doesn’t seem particularly at ease in the center of it all (and how could anyone except Anderson, really).
    I so have to disagree with this. Davison not only seems completely at ease, it seems to me he is completely absorbing the Yes aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheerah View Post
    I so have to disagree with this. Davison not only seems completely at ease, it seems to me he is completely absorbing the Yes aura.
    ITA. Jon D. is certainly a hell of a lot more comfortable looking up there than Benoit was.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Yeah, the thing that strikes me with Jon D is how he seems to get swept up by the power and majesty of the music. It doesn't look to me like he's faking it, and that ultimately is a testament to the music itself.

From what I saw a few nights ago , he's completly at ease and sounds f'n great.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Is Jon D. bringing the sexy to YES?
    Well, it certainly ain't these guys...

OK, the guy in the middle does seem to have an Engelbert Humperdinck thing happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    OK, the guy in the middle does seem to have an Engelbert Humperdinck thing happening.
    I dunno, the picture is cropped a little high to tell.

Banned
    I just told my wife to never, ever take a picture of me with a cup of beer in my hand.

Saw the show in Detroit last night. I think this was my 18th Yes show and one of the very best, Howe was the best I have evef heard him, also I hope they keep Davison...fantastic! The sound in our seats was flawless, the venue does not hurt, The Fox.