Thread: Steven Wilson and Opeth to head Night of the Prog in Lorelei

Steven Wilson and Opeth to head Night of the Prog in Lorelei

http://www.wiventertainment.com/

A very nice treat for the German festival crowds.

That's a cool lineup (Anima Mundi from Cuba is... wow!), though to have Steven Wilson following Caravan will be a bit of a contrast!

I thought Wilson doesn't do festivals, from what he just said in that interview? I guess he does, then.

Lorelei is great--very lovely setting, big set up and the team behind it are very professional and longstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    I thought Wilson doesn't do festivals, from what he just said in that interview? I guess he does, then.
    He didn't say he doesn't do them, just that he doesn't enjoy them very much. Still, as nasty as playing festivals can be, he said if 10% of the audience walk away thinking "That wasn't bad -- might have to check that guy out" then he feels it was a successful appearance.

And Lorelei is not just another European festival. For starters, it's mostly prog focused so the audience will be inclined to like his music. Second, he's headlining so there isn't as much of that "dash on, crank out some tunes, dash off" thing that a lot of festival appearances can be like. He just won't be able to serve up his normal full A/V presentation, which I'm sure makes him feel like the performance was diminished.

Sanguine Hum will also be playing this festival (Night of the Prog) on the 13th July. We are delighted for them.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    he is also booked for HURRiCANE and SOUTHSiDE in germany, twin festivals in the north and south. PORCUPiNE TREE had played these before, too.

According to info I have seen (from Dutch rock club Boerderij in Zoetermeer who will hosting a warm up show it seems) these shows will involve Chad Wackerman on drums.

Very excited to be playing here!!!

Matt.

I'm very envious of you Matt! Have a blast!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Looks like a cracking Festival line-up. Should be a lot of fun.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Best fest I've been to (2011). Highly recommended.

Take the boat ride down the Rhine, it's awesome scenery. And drinks!
    ...just don't screw up where to get off the boat....DOH!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"