Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secret Chiefs 3 news - albums/tours

It's in between sets at Union Pool... A very fun show so far!

BUMP - just wanted to say that the Beat Kitchen show in Chicago on May 22nd was moved to Township (also in Chicago). That and the tour is going really well!

- Matt

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    BUMP - just wanted to say that the Beat Kitchen show in Chicago on May 22nd was moved to Township (also in Chicago). That and the tour is going really well!

- Matt
    Good to hear!!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yeehah! Looking forward to two shows this weekend in Toronto.

neil

There's a audience recording from I think the Chicago show on Dime a Dozen. They are playing lots of music that sounds like Xaphan.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

I saw the two gigs in Toronto last weekend, and the merch guy told me that the album release is delayed due to some mixing issues.

And man, what a spectacular couple of nights! All different songs each night, the band was on fire and I managed to get right up in front and stage centre both nights. It was amazing to see Trey and co. working up close like that.

neil

Currently we're doing our run at the Stone in NYC. Come on down if you're around!

As for Book of Souls... Trey pretty had the thing ready to rush out the door before the tour, but couldn't justify the rush job (especially after years in the works) just to have it ready by the end of May (during the last week of the tour). Once we get back home (next week) it'll get cracked open again, and be finished soon enough.

I have heard some of the pieces/mixes (which were completely new to me). It'll be worth the relatively small extra wait.

- Matt

Has anyone found the newest Book of Souls for sale yet? It's in the Web of Mimicry catalog, but nowhere for sale on the site, AFAICT.
    Thanks, all.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Not for sale until end of summer... That's the latest news on that front, but more news to be announced soon.

- Matt

what a perfectionist !
    The often scenario of having to finalize an album because of a tour deadline is always obviously a huge dilemma
    The same happened to me with Present's High Infidelity ( the album was "lucky" enough cause the tour had been cancelled )
    I admire Trey for resisting the temptation to hastily release something he is not 100% happy with