Thread: Noticing any problems with youtube?

Noticing any problems with youtube?

more buffering?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I've noticed that videos sometimes don't load as fast as they used to, and sometimes shift-F5 takes care of it.

Haven't noticed a loading problem on my end... but man I'm starting to get real tired of all the damn advertisment intros.
    It's like i'm involuntarily trained to hit that skip link as soon as it pops up.

Youtube is definitely slower and less friendly than it was a year ago, but it's Spotify that's gradually getting worse for me - slowing to a crawl and taking too long to open, even though all other programs are fine.

Using Firefox with Adblock Plus so don't see the ads, but damn, Youtube is terrible lately with the hanging and stopping mid-vid.

I'll have to try that shift-F5 maneuver.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Has anyone had this issue with YouTube recently? Certain videos appear to me as only multicolored lines across the screen, like this? It's been happening for a few weeks now, only with certain videos - enough that it's become a real nuisance! This is in Chrome, so under the Alphabet/Google umbrella.:

YT Issue.jpg

The only thing I've noticed is the number of Dislikes (down votes) doesn't show anymore. It's not a huge deal, but a step back, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The only thing I've noticed is the number of Dislikes (down votes) doesn't show anymore. It's not a huge deal, but a step back, imo.
    I'm still seeing both Likes and Dislikes on new videos. I know the Like/Dislike numbers can be hidden, but I'm not aware of an option to hide dislikes only.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has anyone had this issue with YouTube recently? Certain videos appear to me as only multicolored lines across the screen, like this? It's been happening for a few weeks now, only with certain videos - enough that it's become a real nuisance! This is in Chrome, so under the Alphabet/Google umbrella.:

YT Issue.jpg
    Is it device or browser-specific? When I had stuff like that going on with a prior laptop, the video card built in to the motherboard was crapping out, and it was still under support, so they replaced it. Apologies for using tech jargon like "crapping out" but sometimes I forget how to put things in layman's terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Apologies for using tech jargon like "crapping out" but sometimes I forget how to put things in layman's terms.
    You mean "biting the green weenie."
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is it device or browser-specific? When I had stuff like that going on with a prior laptop, the video card built in to the motherboard was crapping out, and it was still under support, so they replaced it. Apologies for using tech jargon like "crapping out" but sometimes I forget how to put things in layman's terms.
    Hmm, seems to be related to Chrome - I just tried one that won't play in Chrome but plays in Firefox. Strange, because it's not a matter of Chrome not being up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Using Firefox with Adblock Plus so don't see the ads, but damn, Youtube is terrible lately with the hanging and stopping mid-vid.

I'll have to try that shift-F5 maneuver.
    - I never see any advertisments, and it loads wit no problems.

Apologies for using tech jargon like "crapping out" but sometimes I forget how to put things in layman's terms.
    Taking a dirt nap.

6 months away from “retiring” from IT and dealing with I D ten T errors.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

the Ads even have Ads.....

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    the Ads even have Ads.....
    the best part is when they will nest an entire music video as an ad
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hmm, seems to be related to Chrome - I just tried one that won't play in Chrome but plays in Firefox. Strange, because it's not a matter of Chrome not being up-to-date.
    Chrome now has a built-in prog filter set as a default.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I watch YouTube on FireTV and for about two months vids will suddenly stop loading and I get the spinning circle. It always fixes when I reboot FireTV so I’m not sure where the problem originates. I find the YouTube app on Roku to be very slow and I rarely use it. I don’t think I have ever had a problem with the YouTube app on my iPad or using YouTube on Opera browser.