Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes U.S. Summer Tour - 3 album shows are working!

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Also going tomorrow night in Bethlehem. Cannot wait, first time seeing the band with Jon Davison.

At least a 50% improvement over the Benoit David line-up.

Since it is a Friday night and family will be out of town I got tixs. I hope they still got it!

Pretty surreal moment here in Bethlehem. Sitting at the bar next to the venue (Sands Event Center). Playing Close to the Edge live version through the speakers, Jon Anderson era.

Just came back from the Bethlehem show. It was great. I was in the first row, to the right of Steve Howe. That guy continues to amaze me. Just fantastic playing from him and the crowd really gave him a lot of love, more so than any of the other band members. Jon Davison sounds better than Anderson and is a huge upgrade from Benoit. The notes he was hitting on Going for the One were unbelievable! Plus, I won $85 playing blackjack! Did I mention that Steve Howe kicked ass? Well,he did, even if it looks like a stiff wind could wisk him away! Oh yeah, the really great surprise was "A Venture". They did a great job on it!

I agree, Howe was on fire last night. I have not seen him play with such passion in years. Best Yes show in a long time for me and Davison is great.

This continues to be a wonderful tour.

Next time.....Tales and Relayer?

Well, one can hope.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    Well, there is that photo of Chris and Alan with Patrick...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post

Dream show for next time: Fragile, Relayer, and the new album. (Though Drama in the middle slot is probably more doable).

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Just came back from the Bethlehem show. It was great.
    I just want say 'Me Too!' The show was great. Everyone in the band was great. I had not seen them since the 80's, and at that show I was far away at a big outdoor venue. This time I was in the 12th row in front of Chris. Besides the great songs, there were a lot of neat visuals: Chris's 3-necked bass, Steve's multiple guitars including mandolin and his slide guitar thing on wheels; Jon's electronic bongo drums; the confetti cannon that shot confetti almost to the back of the room.

Another excellent performance by the band. The last time I saw them was 2008, early in the Benoit David period. As much I enjoyed the performance last night Jon Davison left me somewhat cold. I thought his tone was great, he certainly hit the notes, but for the first time I didn't sense the "cosmic elf" factor that to me is a huge part of Yes. Benoit cannot compare to Jon Anderson but there was something in the timbre of his voice that connected with me which I do not find with Jon D. I know I'm in the minority here but that's the way I felt. I do have to stress thought that the show was great, especially Awaken, which by itself is worth the price of admission.

Agreed. I saw the first show of this tour, and I can now die a happen man now having seen Awaken performed live.

Tickets now available Beacon tommorrow nite. Just got row H center.

Beacon Theater in NY last night. Great show , I think they played close to 2 3/4 hours with a 20 minute intermission. Definitly didnt phone thier performance in. They had energy to spare. The new Jon is actually pretty good. Good enough his presense was in no way a distraction. This tour must be a tough pace to keep up, long play time, not much break in the schedual.
    Oh, and the recently renovated Beacon is beautiful.
    This tour is worth a look if you have the chance.

It pretty much ranged from excellent to great to my ears with a few exceptions last night at the Beacon. Parallels was the shakiest song of any from the three albums, and predictably so, they've struggled with it since they revived it in these recent years. Otherwise, though it might have been just a little-too-much-by-the-numbers for my personal tastes, the album versions are iconic enough to my ears that, ultimately, it was just sheer beauty to behold. I couldn't hold back the tears during Turn of the Century and it sounded so good, they pulled off the delicacy needed for the emotional punch that it delivered. I geeked out at this show, this is my religion, they preached and I walked out, once again, a convert. A Venture was Geoff Downes' time to shine but his work on the keys was truly spot-on all night long. Same with the birthday boy on the guitar. And the master of ceremonies behind the bass. And Davison, played it well throughout the entire evening, like Tull's Minstrel in the Gallery, he had made many friends by the end of the evening. And the drummer did his best. And kudos to both the Beacon's sound system and Yes' FOH engineer, the sound was flawless. A great night for progressive music. Thanks to my peeps Jose and Eli for the friendship.

Peace,
    Alex

I love the Beacon, it is a great theater!

great show last night!
    howe really makes it all worthwhile still...
    he is on fire!
    always a pleasure to watch & hear.
    sent out some vibes to Ken Arkangel from the show...

Quote Originally Posted by itserik View Post
    Its worth it Rand. Nice outdoor venue.
    My friend is food and beverage manager there. He says the venue rivals Red Rocks.

Does anyone have any presale info for Jackson Rancheria? I can't seem to find anything anywhere.