Thread: Tempus Sidereum - new Ken Jaquess project feat. Ryo Okumoto

Tempus Sidereum - new Ken Jaquess project feat. Ryo Okumoto

Released on Bandcamp June 2023: Tempus Sidereum I, the first album of Tempus Sidereum, a new project from Ken Jaquess, known for his previous bands Atlantis and K.

The music Ken composes is strongly rooted in the progressive rock of the 70's, although he likes some jazz-rock at times too. He was a longtime friend of Allan Holdsworth who appeared on albums from both Atlantis and K.
    One of the tracks, Double Down, is dedicated to Allan and no surprise it's Alex Machacek who plays the guitar on this on.

Here's the complete line-up:

Ken Jaquess - 4 string, 5 string and fretless bass, bass pedals, keyboards, electric and acoustic guitars
    Tiaday Rock - Vocals on Dust and Shadows
    Johnny Bruhns - Acoustic, Electric and Steel Guitar
    Matt Dorsey - Vocals on Rise Pt.1
    Brent George - Vocals on Double Down
    Courtney Ireland - Vocals on Umbra
    Katie Jacoby - Electric Violin & Viola on Midnight Sun (this is the bonustrack on the download, so it's missing on the LP)
    Jimmy Keegan - Drums, Percussion and Timbales
    Alex Machacek - Acoustic and Electric Guitars on Double Down
    Ryo Okumoto - Moog, Mellotron, Hammond Organ & Piano
    Carlos Sosa-Denis - Vocals on Currents

It looks like there's no CD-version (yet?).

B.t.w. the front cover was generated by Transcendence AI (more of that on https://www.promeai.com/design-ideas...chType=0,2,1,1)

No brainer here - I have & really enjoy 2 albums each by Atlantis and also K2.
    the guests alone make this an autobuy.
    Vinyl ordered and downloaded already.

The music is incredible! I haven't heard anything THIS good in a long time!!!

It's a shame they cheaped out on the album cover and didn't hire a real artist. :'( I get a feeling musicians who don't draw, paint etc. themselves don't give a fucking shit if their album has AI generated junk for a cover or if it's made with passion. If they put care and dedication to their music, hiring excellent guest performers, why not hire someone equally as talented/skilled to provide the artwork? Is it some sort of an inferior craft? There's more and more fantastic albums with soulless AI cover arts and that pisses me off.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Someone who knows music more than me please tell me why something sounds "off" about the beat at times. I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe odd time-signature that I'm not quite getting. That could be. I'm not a musician and bad at math.
    It's either syncopation, odd time signatures or both.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    It's quite nice.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

And so, I bought the digital album. :) I'm listening to it for the 2nd time I can affirm that I'm enojying the music as much as during my first listening. Top quality neo-prog material, and to my surprise, it's not on Progarchives (yet). xD
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Just noticed the Bandcamp-bonustrack Midnight Sun is a cover of the Asia-track: https://tempussidereum.bandcamp.com/...un-bonus-track

This will be interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Just noticed the Bandcamp-bonustrack Midnight Sun is a cover of the Asia-track
    Oh! I just checked the original version out and I was quite surprised (in a positive way) to notice that it utilizes the (quite rare, honestly) 14/8 time signature, laid out in a [3+3+3+3+2] grouping. I wonder whose idea that was. Downes' or Wetton's?
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Here's the original photograph of the inside-LP-cover: https://www.reverbnation.com/page_ob...photo=31198151

Nice interview with Ken Jaquess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dBqWtibwWw

The LP and digital download are available now from Melodic Revolution Records too: https://mrrmusic.com/product/tempus-...us-sidereum-i/

^^In the interview Ken tells there will be probably 3 Tempus Sidereum albums and he's hoping to release a CD-set with all the bonus-tracks when all 3 LP's are released.