Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: I've Noticed Lengths Of Albums Are Getting Shorter

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Or Deep Purple's In Rock. It finishes as it starts, with Blackmore shredding. That would be the original UK release of course. When Warner Brothers released the album in the States, they hacked off the intro to Speed King.
    Again, the A-side starting with Spped King and ending with Child In Time
    the flipside doesn't feature such an amazing signature.

Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    It’s available on Cd too. ��
    I'll look it up
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^^ The album closes with Hard Lovin' Man, which ends with Blackmore solo shredding. That part Warner Brothers chose to leave on the US release.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ The album closes with Hard Lovin' Man, which ends with Blackmore solo shredding. That part Warner Brothers chose to leave on the US release.
    I see your point and know about the Blackmore racket (if you'll pardon the expression ) at the end of the flipside, but he's alone

Whereas the edited Speed King intro is a "whole group" thing that echoes the outro or finale of Child In Time (also a group thing). that's my point.

BTW, I would've appreciated In Rock being longer with Black Knight in the track list.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^^ Absolutely. Black Night was released as a single only. Although it appears on many compilations, like Deepest Purple. On that compilation, Warner Brothers put back Jon's portion of the Speed King intro.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I'm not sure that French band Catharsis ever released an album over 30 minutes until the very end (and even then , it was 33')