Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2024

I gotta say, Juan Soto is freaking unbelievable. Hal and Cash cannot let him get away.

I can see the Yankees having two franchise players in Soto and Judge, who, BTW, is finally tearing it up, currently at the expense of the Astroids.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Why do we keep pitching Kimbrell in the ninth inning.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

"Houston, we have a problem! YOU SUCK!"

Best line I've heard about the Reds all year. "They have more MRI's than RBI's"
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I can't believe the season is 1/4 over already.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I can't believe the season is 1/4 over already.
    Especially since I haven't really dialed in yet because of the basketball and hockey playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Especially since I haven't really dialed in yet because of the basketball and hockey playoffs.
    I watched a bit of the NBA finals last week for the first time in decades. I saw the last five minutes of one of the Knicks games. Those five minutes lasted about a half hour and, thus, reminded me why I simply cannot watch the sport anymore.

^ Wait...You're the biggest Baseball fan on the board, but you can't watch the NBA because...It's too slow?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Wait...You're the biggest Baseball fan on the board, but you can't watch the NBA because...It's too slow?
    I don't mind slow, suspenseful sports. I hate the foul-stop-timeout-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-freethrow.

Basketball is also a very simple game compared to baseball.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    You forget all the commercials in that time too. Brutal.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    You forget all the commercials in that time too. Brutal.
    foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow,

The eons are closing
    foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow, foul-stop-timeout-commercial-freethrow,
    What would the Classic LaRussa version be?

Time Out - Pitching Change - commercial - at bat - Time Out

something like that....

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    What would the Classic LaRussa version be?

Time Out - Pitching Change - commercial - at bat - Time Out

something like that....

That's why we now have a three-batter minimum for pitchers.

Gotta be tough to be a Pale Hose fan. I just learned that they are trying to win their third game in a row ... for the first time in TWO YEARS.

I gotta say, Aaron Judge has certainly come back after a dismal April. He is on an incredible tear. In two games against the Twins, he had an HR, five doubles and a walk. His two outs were both against the wall. Tonight he leads off with another HR. 433 feet. He hit one 467 feet the other day. His OPS had now surpassed Soto's over that 20-game span, hitting .400 right now over his last 18 games. He was at the Mednoza line. He's now up to .267.

Soto was their MVP in April. Now he's getting cold and Judge already owns May. Can't wait 'til they're both raking at the same time.

The eons are closing
    e.g. problem solved

Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

If he finishes an inning only facing one batter he doesn't have to pitch the next inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    If he finishes an inning only facing one batter he doesn't have to pitch the next inning.
    I know that. We're referring to LaRussa's constant pitching changes, which can't be done anymore like that.

If O's game gets postponed today they will be five unplayed games behind the Yankees.

If O's game gets postponed today they will be five unplayed games behind the Yankees.
    Key words being "behind the Yankees."

Eek. 3 run homer to tie the game, 9-9. Mets@Marlins.

"Houston, we have a problem! YOU SUCK!"
    I see no problem here!

Guards roll on. Offense is much better this year. More home runs, and over 40% of their runs this year have come with 2 out. That's an astounding figure to me, and won't hold up, but I don't really care when they score, as long as they do. They haven't missed a beat with Steve Kwan out, and he's the engine that makes the team go. The pitching has been very solid, especially considering the loss of Bieber for the year, and their top young pitcher from last year, although he should be back soon. I've watched more baseball this year than I have in years, and so far, it's been fun. We look like a real contender.

Boone, arguably, lost the last two games for NY with his terrible bullpen management.