Thread: Two Wings - Love's Spring

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Two Wings - Love's Spring

Just read about this album in an issue of PROG from about a year ago, went to their Bandcamp page, and after listening to the first three tracks I bought the download. A pretty amazing Prog/Folk/Psych kind of thing. Definite lashings of Kate Bush and Krautrock in some places, lots of other sounds yet to figure out. But it's all pretty impressive and immediately appealing, to me anyway.

You can listen to the whole album here:

http://tinangelrecords.bandcamp.com/album/loves-spring

Last edited by JKL2000; 03-31-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Here's one more. I'm really enjoying this band. The psych/proginess is in there, it's just that their few official videos aren't the proggier stuff.

So... 100 views, but no comments on this album? I'm thinking people are having too much of a problem with the singer's unique voice. I think it's great - it doesn't take long to get used to it, like with early Kate Bush's voice.
    I LOVE this album! Will be in my top picks of the year for sure.

The music I like a lot, the voice I can live with for the most part, but it could use more 'thickness'-a bit shrill for my taste, but the music is strong enough to carry it and make the overall very pleasing, for my ears.

RE: her voice - I have no idea what she's singing, except on the one "ballad" sort of sing, "Feet," which is really nice IMO. But I really can't make out anything else. But I don't care, after a couple of listens her voice grew on me.

I hear what your saying about the low end - they should probably have strengthened it to balance better with the brass, lap steel, etc. The download on headphones did sound better than the streaming version though.

And then, Kate's voice grew on me too, and she does sound a bit like early Kate, and even a touch of Joanna Newsom, so I wouldn't be surprised if her voice grew on me too, and then as I said, the music itself is really good.