Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Wolf People?

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I heard from Tom (the drummer) on another forum that they are going to try and put together another US tour for sometime in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Saw Wolf People, a few years ago in Toronto, in the same club I recently saw Blood Ceremony and Comet Control, two great Canadian bands, especially Blood Ceremony. The retro-rock and the stoner threads have all these recommendations plus a ton of other albums that are really great to track down.
    How refreshing.

A band that actually sounds like a band playing music. This stuff sounds like it was recorded on a tape machine and not manipulated.... edited to death in Pro Tools.

I hope this is a direction or movement of a younger generation who says NO! to all the digital sound collaging that has been killing the life force of music.

Bravo to Wolf People!

Thanks for posting.

Fain was fantastic. They aren't breaking new ground but they have a special sound. Fain has to be one of the most consistently good releases I have heard for a while. Not a bad riff on it and some sublime moments. Looking forward to this next one.

(Gezz I sound like a fan boy here)

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I'm a total fanboy for Fain. The summer after its release I must have listened to it at least 3 times a week for three months. I'd play it, and want to hear it again right afterward. I can't even pretend to be objective about it. It just hit me in all the right places.

Honestly, I have to temper my expectations about Ruins, because I can't expect lightning to strike twice like that. However, I am still very excited about the new album, and hopefully a tour that touches the Nor. Cal. Bay Area.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Why I love this band...

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Looks like they’ve called it a day:

D411901A-3794-4FE9-95E1-C14AB2350E64.jpg

Sad news, really enjoyed their music. Nothing grondbreaking but really fun to listen to. And even though their three albums are a bit samey I think they were getting better at their craft with each one. Hope we manage to hear in the future some of the things they mention they were working on.

Yes, very sad news. One of my current favorites gone.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yes, very sad news. One of my current favorites gone.
    Be sad no more! It's not Wolf People, but, boy howdy, it sure does sound like Wolf People!

https://largeplantsband.bandcamp.com/track/the-carrier

"The Carrier is Jack Sharp’s first offering as Large Plants. This sad-psych ballad shows a more reflective and personal side to Sharp’s writing. Originally written on breaks from touring with Wolf People, the song felt like it had reached a prescient maturity when recorded in the lockdown summer of 2020. It features slowly weaving fuzz guitars and gently purred nostalgic invocations from Sharp’s distinctive voice."

Hopefully more is on the way!

^ Yeah, I purchased and posted in the Bandcamp thread. Let's hope the one track sprouts into something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Be sad no more! It's not Wolf People, but, boy howdy, it sure does sound like Wolf People!

https://largeplantsband.bandcamp.com/track/the-carrier

"The Carrier is Jack Sharp’s first offering as Large Plants. This sad-psych ballad shows a more reflective and personal side to Sharp’s writing. Originally written on breaks from touring with Wolf People, the song felt like it had reached a prescient maturity when recorded in the lockdown summer of 2020. It features slowly weaving fuzz guitars and gently purred nostalgic invocations from Sharp’s distinctive voice."

Hopefully more is on the way!
    Thank you for the heads-up. Seems it just got released on May 7th, keeping fingers crossed there will more soon. Tried to find some more information on the band with google search, but it is pretty useless. All I got was various plants, music with plants and of course Robert Plant, oh well.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

^ The online equivalent of a face plant.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The online equivalent of a face plant.
    ^^
    Pretty much so, let's hope not for long.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Second single from Large Plants is available for pre-order on Bandcamp:
    https://largeplantsband.bandcamp.com...digital-single

There is a full album on its way. Neither of these singles will be on it.

New Large Plants album is on the way:

https://www.ghostbox.co.uk/news/the-...vpFoD2BnmLm9Rc

Preorder for the new Large Plants album is up:

https://www.ghostbox.co.uk/news/the-thorn-preorder

Definitely a must for all Wolf People fans out there.