Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Black Country Communion-it's over !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    It's funny when you think about these different line-ups Deep Purple have had and who hasn't played with who yet. There has never been a band with Ian Gillan,Ritchie Blackmore,Glenn Hughes,Jon Lord and Ian Paice. Nor has there been a version with David Coverdale,Roger Glover,Ritchie Blackmore,Jon Lord and Ian Paice. In fact,when Glenn was in,Ian G. was out. Have those 2 ever played together on anything in fact?
    Is also funny that Glenn was is in Black Sabbath after Big Ian(Ian Gillan) was. It's also funny that Roger Glover produced David Coverdale's Northwinds solo album. Btw, I would be careful if I were you, Rand. I wrote Chris Squire on Facebook about why he wouldn't let Jon D sing with Glass Hammer on Cruise To The Edge, and he deleted me as a Facebook friend.

You asked. I told you.
    Okay, I was just wonderin.' I'm not gonna get involved in this back-and-forth you guys have going about Joe. I'm not enough of a fan of Joe solo to care that much. I wouldn't say people have never heard of Joe. His name gets dropped a lot in the mainstream. Glenn might be rock royalty compared to Joe B, but in terms of fame, Joe's more famous right now than Glenn Hughes. But whatever, I'd still like to know the truth about Joe's side not letting the other guys use the name BCC. I wanna hear something official, not speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I wanna hear something official, not speculation.
    Here??!!

Ironic how people state that nobody's ever heard of Joe Bonamassa as though it's some gauge of his talent or whether he's paid his dues, when nobody's heard of 95% of the prog bands mentioned on this site.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    But whatever, I'd still like to know the truth about Joe's side not letting the other guys use the name BCC. I wanna hear something official, not speculation.
    There's still speculation regarding the Beatles breakup.

If JB really owns the name, then maybe it's just something as simple as making everything legal as for how the band can use it with regards to performances and future releases. Even I can't see him keeping it out of spite if he can continue to profit from it in some way or another. But it wouldn't surprise me if everybody involved just throws up their hands and move on to something else.

GLENN HUGHES TALKS BCC AND THE FUTURE:
    Vocalist Glenn Hughes was kind enough to send me a personal message pertaining to the break-up of Black Country Communion. Glenn states:

"Joe felt it was time to leave. We are all good friends, and life goes on. I have nothing but love and respect for Joe, and the last time we spoke, the tone of our conversation was of our friendship and love of music. I know he wants Jason, Derek and I to continue, and & sometime in the future we may do so...there is absolutely no ill feeling within the members of our band....to my knowledge no other guitar players have been asked to join, as we are taking a break from BCC & this time...
    I am busy writing a new Rock album, that I plan to record before the end of the year for spring O14 release.... All we ask is for fans to celebrate the music of our band, you make a difference...." ~ GH.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Ironic how people state that nobody's ever heard of Joe Bonamassa as though it's some gauge of his talent or whether he's paid his dues, when nobody's heard of 95% of the prog bands mentioned on this site.
    It is less to do about his level of talent and more about the fact that he's a big fish in a small pond. Just like 95% of the prog bands mentioned on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    It is less to do about his level of talent and more about the fact that he's a big fish in a small pond. Just like 95% of the prog bands mentioned on this site.
    True, but the blues pond is still significantly larger than the prog pond these days.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    True, but the blues pond is still significantly larger than the prog pond these days.

Steve Sly
    And deeper.

Banned
    And deeper.
    Too many white fish in the Blues pond. Can't be all that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Too many white fish in the Blues pond. Can't be all that deep.
    Considering that the pond was first dug over 100 years ago, it's pretty deep.

Banned
    Considering that the pond was first dug over 100 years ago, it's pretty deep.
    Yeah, but everybody's swimming over at the shallow end.