Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 357

Thread: Massive Camel box-set is about to come out

  1. #101
    Yesterday I asked "Is this on the way or are there delays?"

    Today I received

    "thank you for your patience.

    Unfortunately, the publication has been postponed.
    The article will now be published on 01.05.2024.

    If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again."

    I suppose any further questions would involve price but having paid what I have it would only be bad news.
    Sit Quietly and Listen to the Breeze

  2. #102
    So it looks like it is almost a year away. I donít suppose anyone will be taking orders for something due in 10-11 months. Probably best to forget about this for now, and start building the anticipation in 2024.

  3. #103
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    1,013
    I'm not going to mention my source but he says: "I have to wonder if maybe there's some issue between Universal and Camel Productions. I can imagine a situation where Universal might have thought they had the rights to all this stuff, but Camel Productions could have said, "No you don't!" If that's the case, it could be that Camel has leverage to bring them to the negotiating table."

    So we'll see how that theory pans out or things are resolved by other means, if true I sense a Susan Hoover influence in all of this. Only time will tell.

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Streets of San Francisco
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I'm not going to mention my source but he says: "I have to wonder if maybe there's some issue between Universal and Camel Productions. I can imagine a situation where Universal might have thought they had the rights to all this stuff, but Camel Productions could have said, "No you don't!" If that's the case, it could be that Camel has leverage to bring them to the negotiating table."

    So we'll see how that theory pans out or things are resolved by other means, if true I sense a Susan Hoover influence in all of this. Only time will tell.
    Hi Rajaz... I actually emailed Camel Productions in April about this box set right when it was when it was first announced. They said Universal Music Group was not obligated to tell the band about this as they owned the recordings outright, Camel had no say per CP. Maybe something has changed? Either way the delay is frustrating!

  5. #105
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Hi Rajaz... I actually emailed Camel Productions in April about this box set right when it was when it was first announced. They said Universal Music Group was not obligated to tell the band about this as they owned the recordings outright, Camel had no say per CP. Maybe something has changed? Either way the delay is frustrating!
    Hi Rich, well if that is the case, then the delays are about something other than owner rights.

    I'm most interested in the live material especially the Nude and Pressure Points era. I'm not a big fan of the old recordings.

  6. #106
    Member Hour Candle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Progressive Sweden
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Can someone tell me if they have dealt with and what your experience was with imusic of Denmark before?

    I've been ordering things from them a couple of times. I've never had any trouble with them.

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2023
    Location
    Ontario/California
    Posts
    1

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVH8CnVcKZ4

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ives View Post
    Yesterday I asked "Is this on the way or are there delays?"

    Today I received

    "thank you for your patience.

    Unfortunately, the publication has been postponed.
    The article will now be published on 01.05.2024.

    If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again."

    I suppose any further questions would involve price but having paid what I have it would only be bad news.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVH8CnVcKZ4

    This guy says the boxset is coming up on August 25th 2023. I guess the 2024 is just a holder date. Andy Latimer was in hospital for surgery and he cancelled all 2023 tours. So I guess the box is ready but we have to wait for Andyís full recovery.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloyfan View Post
    [url]So I guess the box is ready but we have to wait for Andy’s full recovery.
    Unless there has been an change in modus operandi Latimer has never really cooperated with any of the reissues so I don't think he will be involved in this boxset as well.

  9. #109
    I just bought a Camel live album Kosei \Nenkin Hall, Tokyo, January 27, 1980. Can't find it on Progarchives.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I just bought a Camel live album Kosei \Nenkin Hall, Tokyo, January 27, 1980. Can't find it on Progarchives.
    Perhaps that's because they don't list bootlegs ?
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Perhaps that's because they don't list bootlegs ?
    It is a bootleg? It is on Floating World Voiceprint, so I considered it legit.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    It is a bootleg? It is on Floating World Voiceprint, so I considered it legit.
    Discogs does not list it as "not for sale" either which they normally do for bootlegs. https://www.discogs.com/release/1467...anuary-27-1980

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    It is a bootleg? It is on Floating World Voiceprint, so I considered it legit.
    Well, it is a legit release but certainly not an official one. It is a grey area release where someone gets the rights to some concert radio recordings and releases them. Must say that this is a nice document but IIRC not the complete concert.

  14. #114
    Yeah, "grey area release" is basically the nice way of saying "they snatched it for free off DimeADozen where it was given to people for free, and pressed it on CD to sell to people who aren't aware that such sites exist".

    Do you honestly think Camel have sanctioned the release and getting any of the money ?
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Well, it is a legit release but certainly not an official one. It is a grey area release where someone gets the rights to some concert radio recordings and releases them. Must say that this is a nice document but IIRC not the complete concert.
    No, alas it's not the complete concert, but a live recording of the 'I can see your house from here' line-up still is interesting.

  16. #116
    That video was recorded in May, posts on this board in June have come up with later release dates, November 2023 or May 2024. I guess the information on the video is probably out of date.

  17. #117
    Member Bytor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Montrťal
    Posts
    343
    My jpc.de order now says 10/27/2023

  18. #118

  19. #119
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,914
    Contacted JPC - they gave a non-specific date, sometime in 2024. I was tempted to ask for my money back.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

  20. #120
    Well, I think I will pass on this one. My favorite Camel Albums are the last four, and none of them are here.

  21. #121
    A 2024 release date gives us more time to save for this, Iím sure when it is released it will be considerably more expensive than the £88 originally mentioned.

  22. #122
    I still have one other box set on my wishlist, which will be far more surprising for me, because nothing can be heard online.
    https://www.wimmertens.be/recordings/qua-9

  23. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    127
    I prefer a new Camel album, everything once is enough.

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    I prefer a new Camel album, everything once is enough.
    Very much agree. The line up with Dennis Clements on drums , Colin Bass and Pete Tiger Takes could produce something really good with Andy . I wonder what the reason is for not making something new . I can imagine Andy could easily get some patreon funding.

  25. #125
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,968
    Release date now officially November 24.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

    'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •