Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2023 NFL Discussion Thread

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seahawks D have been great the last few games, but Geno Smith has had flourishes of NYJ Geno the last few and that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Might be the ass-kicking Detroit needed going forward. They've been media darlings of sorts the last few weeks and perhaps they have rabbit ears. They need to be knee-cap biters again.
    I agree, that it may be a good thing and bring them back to earth. They are still totally in control of their own destiny in the division, but I think the Vikings are going to be hot on their heels. The two games against them are going to be crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I very much prefer the midnight greens. But people here are insane for the kelly greens, so Lurie was going to make it happen as soon as the NFL allowed teams to use more than one helmet per season. I'm fine with it as an alternate/throwback, but I think the midnight should stay as the primary uniform.
    100% agree. I started following the Eagles during Vermeil, loved the defense during Buddy's years, but I love the midnight green so much more
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

I guess the Niners aren't who they thought they were.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

A football pieced together a detailed video that shows 15 brutal missed penalty calls on the Philadelphia Eagles in their Week 7 home win against the Miami Dolphins.

Yes, there are missed penalties and botched calls by the officials in the NFL in every game. That’s just the nature of the business, and it won’t change until/unless the league makes long overdue changes to the officiating system.

YouTube user Max Optimized shared a video that counts a ridiculous 15 missed penalty calls on the Eagles, who defeated the Dolphins 31-17 on Sunday Night Football to improve to 6-1 on the season.

NFL fans accused the league of fixing Thursday night’s contest between the Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers following a missed penalty call on the final play.

But as you can see in the photo below, the Bucs were screwed big time here, as officials missed two clear pass interference calls on the game’s final play. If they threw the flag, Tampa would have had the golden opportunity to win the game on a goal-to-go play.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/n...caneers-bills/

^ Baker would have thrown a pick, and ended the game face down pounding both fists on the turf.

The way things are going with injuries this year, there may not be much difference between the NFL and the USFL by the end of the year, in terms of talent on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The way things are going with injuries this year, there may not be much difference between the NFL and the USFL by the end of the year, in terms of talent on the field.
    4 QB's out today so far. Brutal

Seattle wearing their throwbacks. Much better than the current unis. Browns wearing their best. Entertaining game. Browns hanging in, despite key mistakes.

Dolphins beat another bad team. Against good teams we get our asses kicked. But we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat. Next game against the Chefs in Germany. Gimme a break......

Kirk Cousins, torn Achilles. Done.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Seahawks top the division
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Despite how hampered by injuries the Browns are, and taking on a decent team, this loss stung. Defense dominated the Seahawks for 2 1/2 quarters, then folded up like a pup tent with the game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Kirk Cousins, torn Achilles. Done.
    And that takes care of my fantasy season. I think over half of my drafted team has been lost to injury.

Ravens beat another bad team but made them look good. Too many penalties and how many screens that don't work can you run in one game. Ravens get a strip sack inside the Cardinals twenty, but the lineman tries picking up the ball for a touchdown run and fucks it up and Cardinals recover. Just jump on the ball and let the offense score. I think they need another running back over 200 pounds, Edwards is good but I think it is too much to ask for the whole game. Lamar could have killed them with his legs but for some reason didn't use him until late in the game. Tucker hits a 53 yarder off the goal post, no good.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I'm starting to think that maybe the Patriots aren't going to win the Superbowl this year.

It's still early!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Wish I knew why the Eagles continue to make Washington look like a legitimate football team.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Watched the Jet-Giant game yesterday. Think I witnessed the worst game I've ever seen. A couple of missed field goals plus the Gmen going into a prevent offense, made for an interesting finish to a horrendous game. Jets were no better but this does keep the delusional thinking they can still make the playoffs.

Some bad teams will make the play-offs! There is still hope!
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Watched the Jet-Giant game yesterday. Think I witnessed the worst game I've ever seen. A couple of missed field goals plus the Gmen going into a prevent offense, made for an interesting finish to a horrendous game. Jets were no better but this does keep the delusional thinking they can still make the playoffs.
    Fans chanting "Let him throw it" is something I've never seen before.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I would agree. The only game I could think of that I watched that could match this one in terms of horrendousness was that Broncos/Chiefs game back when Tebow was the QB and he only completed like 2 passes on 6 attempts in victory.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Yeah that was brutal. Giants had that game won and somehow still lost I do have to give props to the defense though. They single handedly kept em in the game after Tyrod went down. Thibodeaux finally showed some passion.

Not easy being a Giants or Jets fan these days!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Worst game IMO
    Colts 6 Jets 3 (1992)
    Colts missed 3 FG including one of Q4 that led to the Jets only scoring drive, Jeff George had an earlier critical 4th quarter redzone pick (shocker!), Browning Nagle was the Jets QB and had less than 10 completions, Freeman McNeil had less than 10 yards rushing.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit