Thread: Larry Coryell & Eleventh House reunion concert

Larry Coryell & Eleventh House reunion concert

http://www.eleventhhousereunion.com/
    This looks interesting although it's an odd venue in rural Massachusetts. I thought Larry was living in Orlando now, does anyone know of a connection with Ashburnham?

Maybe it's easy for Mike Mandel to get to - he's blind and probably doesn't find it simple to travel. Or one of the band members had an "in" with Ashburnham High School. Or the promoter did.

Eleventh house opened up for Return To Forever back in 2008 at Baltimore's Merriweather Pavilion. This was just a 'one off' concert since Lenny White wasn't feeling up to 2+ hour set, so he asked his friend Alphonse to be an opening act band. They were fantastic, Larry has continued to broaden his skill set, in some ways I liked them more than RTF. I understood that Larry was living in New York in 2008.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

If you scroll to the bottom of the annoucement page, there is a mention of this being a benefit concert. I bet that explains the location.

Nice to see the entire original band, including Mandel and Brecker. Would love to hear this.

On a related note, Larry Coryell's new disc The Lift is really good. It's primarily electric and his guitar tone is sick. It harkens back to early fusion's psychedelic days. Highly recommended.

I'd definitely go to this if I lived in the area. Why can't this band go on tour instead of this one-shot appearance? I loved the Billy Cobham "Spectrum 40" tour that happened earlier this year.

To anyone interested..Just received an email alert from the Zoellner Arts Center concerning this Sat.'s April 6th Larry Coryell Show:

Program Update:
    Don't miss the reunion of Larry Coryell with members from the
    original Eleventh House, Mike Mandel and Alphonse Mouzon

http://zoellner.cas2.lehigh.edu/cont...ell-organ-trio

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    On a related note, Larry Coryell's new disc The Lift is really good. It's primarily electric and his guitar tone is sick.
    That's too bad. I hope his tone gets well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Freejack View Post
    I'd definitely go to this if I lived in the area. Why can't this band go on tour instead of this one-shot appearance?
    I would also love to see this band as I missed my chance back in the day
    Last edited by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER; 04-02-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    On a related note, Larry Coryell's new disc The Lift is really good. It's primarily electric and his guitar tone is sick. It harkens back to early fusion's psychedelic days. Highly recommended.
    Thank you FrippWire,I just downloaded this from Amazon for less than $9. I loved the samples.