Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 86

Thread: Name one band u love to death when u hear news of them entering studiio

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Apparently whatever is his first language doesn't include any punctuation or capitalization.
    So? Nobody is perfect.

  2. #52
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,840
    So what? It's an internet forum not kindergarten. We get to call people on stuff in the real world. If he put a bit of effort in he wouldn't get called on it.
    Ian

    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    So what? It's an internet forum not kindergarten. We get to call people on stuff in the real world. If he put a bit of effort in he wouldn't get called on it.
    Again, he is from another country. He probably didn't learn proper grammar, and stuff like that. Only an immature idiot would make fun of it. Sorry for saying that, but no one deserves to get made fun of. That's why I stopped doing it when it was pointed out to me that Noir is from another country. I do believe he is "putting an effort into it". So, you should put in an effort and not say anything if no one else is.

  4. #54
    Member DrGoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    62
    Nogbad is from another country too, you insensitive dolt.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Nogbad is from another country too, you insensitive dolt.
    Since when is Cincinnati another country? This comment makes fools out of both of you. Him for making fun of someone from another country. You for sticking up for him, and lying. Again, I apologize to the mods, but half of my family comes from Spain. My grandma didn't even know English until she came to the states. Some people on my dad's side of the family are racist. So, people making fun of people from another country really gets under my skin. People that make fun of other people have no class. Also, I apologize to Prognoir if I ever made fun of you.

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Redding,Ca
    Posts
    119
    YES

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    YES
    Yes? Why did you say yes? Have Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Geoff Downes, Alan White, and Jon Davison dropped by PE?

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Redding,Ca
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Yes? Why did you say yes? Have Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Geoff Downes, Alan White, and Jon Davison dropped by PE?
    what does that have to do with the original poster's header? I said Yes,because that's the first band I get excited about when I hear they are entering the studio.

    Your question makes 0 sense to me.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    what does that have to do with the original poster's header? I said Yes,because that's the first band I get excited about when I hear they are entering the studio.

    Your question makes 0 sense to me.
    Hey, no need to be rude. I thought you were commenting on the fact that people are making fun of Noir. Btw, do you still get excited when you hear Yes is entering the studio? I've been excited for new Yes music ever since Jon D came into the band. I may have seemed that way when FFH was announced, but I did have some doubts.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    How is my explaining to you what you asked of me being rude? If anyone was rude it was you when you used sarcasm to ask me if members of Yes had dropped by PE? In fact Geoff Downes did several times prior to the release of Fly From Here. You sure get very defensive...moreso than anyone I have ever seen in here and I have been here since 2003. In 10 years I have never seen so many confrontational outbursts for basically no reason. I have never been rude to you nor anyone else here in my 10 year experience at PE. It really seems to me that you always want to fight and then apologize after. I'm not playing that game. I'm here to learn and teach if there's something that I can share,I have no interest in being in a word shitstorm created by someone else. Did you read Sean's post? You did the same thing to me on the Queensryche thread as well. People are getting tired of your ways JIF, and sooner or later you will have to take responsibility for the things you say and the way you treat members. You can't just apologize to the mods, while at the same exact moment be insulting somebody. Have you read the terms of service? That is against the rules. If somebody doesn't agree with you,instead of getting all upset and throwing flames around,why can't you just accept the fact that WE DON'T NEED TO AGREE WITH EACH OTHER!!! It's quite okay to say your peace about music or an artist and let it be. Nobody should be attacking you for your opinion either. It's a 2 way street...we can all get along without being nasty to one another in this website and outside in the world,we just need to accept that everybody is an individual and may not think about whatever the same way you or I do. It's not hard to do. This will be the very last post on this matter. You have been informed by more than me about your short fused reactionary comments,so it is done. If you continue to do this I will have no choice but to locate the ignore button,I forgot how to use it,but I'm sure I could find it if needed. Do I need it JIF? I hope not truly. I like a lot of your ideas and opinions actually,it's just when you get angry over the tiniest misunderstandings I just go, "Oh No! Here we go again!" and that bums me out. I'm a pretty positive,friendly guy who doesn't know everything and isn't afraid to admit it. I can't stand confrontation on any level,yet I will probably be seen as just that by you and others I don't know,but I felt enough was enough and I had to have my say. Please take all that with a sense of compassion and not consternation. I bear you no ill will I assure you and if you were to adjust your posts to be more positive we and many others will be more than happy to forget about all the stuff I just wrote. That is my express wish. We all have opinions and hate is not required to express them. PEACE-LOVE-UNDERSTANDING.
    You were being rude by saying that my question makes 0 sense. You could've just said that you were talking about Yes the band(which you did), and stopped there. Btw, isn't it against the rules to insult people(as many people on this forum have been doing to Noir)? I was only being rude to the people that were being rude to Noir because he doesn't know how to type. I was being rude to your on the Queensryche thread because of your comment on the thread that I started. Do you not get that? Even I know not to comment on something I don't care about. It's like when two people are having a conversation about a movie, you wouldn't butt in and say "I don't care about that movie". People would just think you're rude. You just wouldn't say anything. At least, that's what I was taught. Again, why do people think I have a problem with people disagreeing with me? I've stated a billion times, but I'll do it again because you don't seem to grasp that I don't care if people disagree with me. I care when people are being rude(weather it is to me or someone else). Obviously, you and many other people don't pay attention, because you don't know that people were rude to me first. Since there are too many names to remember, I can't remember that who was mean to me first. I see many people being rude to many other people, but I don't see them getting yelled at. In fact, for the last few posts on the BCC thread, Ronmac and another person are having a battle of words, but everybody is focusing on me. Like I said before, I'm only doing what I see other people doing. It's bad enough that people are being rude to other people, but I will not take people being rude to me, twisting my words around, and telling me how I feel and think. YOU ARE NOT ME!!

  11. #61

  12. #62
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Since when is Cincinnati another country? This comment makes fools out of both of you. Him for making fun of someone from another country. You for sticking up for him, and lying.
    I am in fact from another country, you called Gordon a liar! Apologize immediately!!

    Asking someone to capitalize and use punctuation so that their posts are more readable is not insulting, it's providing helpful advice. If the person ignores repeated requests, from numerous individuals, to make posts more readable then they open themselves up to gentle ribbing. Ease up JIF, you're being an ass.
    Ian

    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  13. #63
    Bit of a funny question, but I love some bands whether they go into the studio or not, as I already have their music. Fave is Camel!

  14. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Redding,Ca
    Posts
    119
    JIF is now on my ignore list. It's a short list,only JIF is on it. If anyone else is tired of dealing with him I suggest you do it. I just couldn't take it any more.

  15. #65
    Howdy Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    4209′30″N 7108′43″W
    Posts
    2,470
    It's hard to imagine that anyone capable of producing an idiom like "love to death" isn't capable of operating the language more effectively than what's represented by this title: "Name one band u love to death when u hear news of them entering studiio".

  16. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    JIF is now on my ignore list. It's a short list,only JIF is on it. If anyone else is tired of dealing with him I suggest you do it. I just couldn't take it any more.
    Wow, way to take the high road. Stop telling people what to do and how they feel. I act the way that I do towards you, because you were mean to me first. What is your problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    It's hard to imagine that anyone capable of producing an idiom like "love to death" isn't capable of operating the language more effectively than what's represented by this title: "Name one band u love to death when u hear news of them entering studiio".
    Did you notice his Kayak thread? That's when it was brought to my attention. I couldn't make sense of his posts on there.

  17. #67
    Howdy Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    4209′30″N 7108′43″W
    Posts
    2,470
    No, I am unfamiliar with Kayak. I'll look into it.

  18. #68
    Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I wonder really how difficult it is to understand those three words "name ONE band" Revporl, 1 is 1 less than 2. Dodie, 1 is 2 less than 3. And PP77, 1 is 6 less than 7.
    Perhaps I should've picked just one, but in the interests of ongoing accuracy, I would've had to return and edit my post from time to time, as these things tend to change and shift somewhat ...

    OK ... actually I didn't have a lot of time to construct a carefully considered and appropriately tempered post, so I just threw a few down that fit the bill. If I have upset your need for perfection in all things, well hey - my bad.

    But if you're going to be perfectly consistent with this kind of nitpickerry, why not call out the OP for misspelling the word "you"?

    [All of the above submitted with a suitably sardonic grin ...]

  19. #69
    Member bill g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Mount Rainier
    Posts
    1,862
    Sometimes the strongest thing a man can do is extend forgiveness. I appreciate Jif defending ProgNoir. The insults directed at him are tired and old, and unnecessary. Still, sometimes it is not what we say but how we say it that makes all the difference, and perhaps JIF could have defended ProgNoir in a kinder, and therefore more effective manner. Of course I wish we could all tolerate one another's imperfections and let great music unite us all, but I understand that isn't terribly realistic Also, I notice to his credit that ProgNoir is silent, and doesn't retaliate to the comments about him.

  20. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Redding,Ca
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    No, I am unfamiliar with Kayak. I'll look into it.
    Dave there is already an extensive thread about Kayak. They are pretty damn awesome and one of my fave Dutch bands.

  21. #71
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    ...
    You do know he has you on ignore right?
    Ian

    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  22. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    central Lousisiana
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by prognoir View Post
    yes very good band govt mule
    I have tickets to see them May 3 in New Orleans, and I am way happy about it. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

    Prog lives!

  23. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    central Lousisiana
    Posts
    4
    The one band I am happy to hear about being in the studio is CAMEL!

    Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

    Prog lives!

  24. #74
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,879
    Best Thread Ever (at a least this week)!

  25. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgPariah77 View Post
    Perhaps I should've picked just one, but in the interests of ongoing accuracy, I would've had to return and edit my post from time to time, as these things tend to change and shift somewhat ...

    OK ... actually I didn't have a lot of time to construct a carefully considered and appropriately tempered post, so I just threw a few down that fit the bill. If I have upset your need for perfection in all things, well hey - my bad.

    But if you're going to be perfectly consistent with this kind of nitpickerry, why not call out the OP for misspelling the word "you"?

    [All of the above submitted with a suitably sardonic grin ...]
    Sorry about that. I was remembering at work earlier that my cousin types in a similar matter to Prognoir, but that's because he's deaf. Read his letters and texts is kinda hard, so I can relate to Prognoir. I mean he(and my cousin) must think the way that we type is weird. I just don't like people being made fun of for any reason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •