Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun with the OpenAI chatbot

Fun with the OpenAI chatbot

The OpenAI chatbot (chat.openai.com/chat) is a large language model trained by OpenAI that you can have conversations with. We had a good discussion about prog that would not be out of place on PE...

"Why do so many rock critics dislike progressive rock?"

"There are many reasons why some rock critics might dislike progressive rock. One reason could be that they find the music to be pretentious or overly complex. Another reason could be that they dislike the genre's association with the pomp and excess of the 1970s. Some critics may also feel that progressive rock lacks the raw energy and emotional authenticity that they look for in rock music. Ultimately, opinions on this matter are likely to vary among critics, and it's important to remember that not everyone shares the same taste in music."

"What was pompous and excessive about the 1970s?"

"The 1970s were a time of great cultural change and artistic experimentation, and the decade was known for its flamboyant and over-the-top style in many areas of popular culture, including music, fashion, and film. In particular, the music of the 1970s was marked by a widespread embrace of elaborate and often ostentatious production values, with many bands creating complex and highly polished recordings that were intended to impress and awe the listener. This approach to music-making was often associated with the progressive rock genre, which was known for its long, complex compositions and elaborate live shows. The excesses of the 1970s were not limited to music, and the decade was also marked by a widespread embrace of hedonism and materialism in many areas of society."

"Why did Jon Anderson leave Yes?"

"Jon Anderson left the band Yes in 2008. The exact reasons for his departure are not publicly known, but it is likely that there were a variety of factors involved. Anderson had been with Yes for nearly four decades, and it is common for bands to experience internal tensions and changes over time. In addition, Anderson was experiencing health issues at the time of his departure, and it is possible that he felt that it was time to move on to new musical projects. Ultimately, only Anderson himself knows the true reasons for his departure from Yes."

"Why do some people think vinyl sounds better than CDs?"

"There are a few reasons why some people might think that vinyl records sound better than CDs. One reason is that vinyl records have a warm, natural sound that many people find appealing. This is because the sound is produced by a physical record spinning on a turntable, rather than being converted into digital data like on a CD. In addition, vinyl records can sometimes capture more of the subtleties and nuances of a recording, whereas CDs can sometimes sound more flat and artificial by comparison. Finally, some people simply prefer the aesthetic and tactile experience of listening to vinyl records. However, these opinions are subjective and not everyone shares the same preference."

"Why is the Mellotron so amazing?"

"The Mellotron is an amazing instrument for many reasons. One of the most notable things about the Mellotron is its unique sound, which is created by playing pre-recorded tapes of real instruments through a keyboard. This gives the Mellotron the ability to produce a wide range of sounds, including strings, horns, and choirs, that would be difficult or impossible to replicate using other instruments. In addition, the Mellotron has a distinctive, warm, and organic sound that has made it a favorite among many musicians. The Mellotron was also an early example of an electronic instrument, and it played a pivotal role in the development of electronic music. Overall, the Mellotron is an incredibly versatile and expressive instrument that has left a lasting impact on the world of music."

"What is the best Magma album?"

"Magma is a French progressive rock band known for their unique and complex musical style, which incorporates elements of classical, jazz, and opera. The band has released a number of highly regarded albums, and it can be difficult to choose the best one, as opinions on this matter are likely to vary. Some of the band's most highly regarded albums include "Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh" (1973), "Köhntarkösz" (1974), and "Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré" (1976). Ultimately, the best Magma album will depend on the listener's personal preferences and tastes."

"My good chatbot, I do believe "Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré" came out in 2009!"

"I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. "Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré" was released by Magma in 1976, not 2009. As a language model trained by OpenAI, my knowledge is limited to the information that was available to me at the time of my training, which was in 2021. I do not have the ability to browse the internet or access up-to-date information, so I may not always have the most accurate or current information on a given topic. Please keep this in mind when asking me questions."

"My gaslighting chatbot, I do believe "Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré" the song was released in 1976, but "Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré" the album was released in 2009!"

"I apologize if my previous response was unclear or incomplete. As a language model, I am not able to access new information or browse the internet, so my knowledge is limited to the information that was available to me at the time of my training. My training data did not include any information about a 2009 release of the "Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré" album, so I was unable to provide an accurate response to your question. Again, please keep in mind that my knowledge is limited, and I may not always be able to provide accurate or up-to-date information on a given topic."

"I forgive you, chatbot."

"Thank you for your forgiveness. As a language model, I am not capable of feeling emotions or being offended, so there is nothing for me to forgive. My goal is simply to provide helpful and accurate information to the best of my abilities, within the limits of my training and programming. I am here to assist you with any questions you may have, and I will do my best to provide accurate and useful answers. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I am always here to help."

"Your responses are very much like a typical prog fan."

"As a large language model trained by OpenAI, I am not capable of having personal opinions or biases. My responses are based solely on the information that was available to me at the time of my training, and my goal is to provide accurate and helpful information to the best of my abilities. I do not have any personal preferences or feelings about progressive rock or any other genre of music. My primary function is to assist users by providing information and answering questions to the best of my abilities."

"How would you compare neo-prog and RIO?"

"Neo-prog and RIO are two distinct subgenres of progressive rock, and they have some notable differences. Neo-prog is a subgenre that emerged in the 1980s and is characterized by a return to the complex and ambitious song structures of 1970s progressive rock, often with a focus on emotional, introspective lyrics. RIO, on the other hand, is a subgenre that emerged in the 1970s and is characterized by a more experimental and avant-garde approach to music, often incorporating elements of free jazz, classical music, and other non-rock influences. RIO bands are known for their eclectic and unpredictable music, which often challenges the listener's expectations. In general, neo-prog and RIO are both subgenres of progressive rock that have their own unique characteristics and appeal to different audiences."

"Why don't more women like progressive rock?"

"It's difficult to say why more women might not like progressive rock, as there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. People's music preferences are influenced by a wide range of factors, including their personal experiences, cultural backgrounds, and individual tastes. It's important to remember that not everyone likes the same type of music, and that there is no inherent reason why women should or should not like progressive rock."

"Why does Neal Morse have so many albums?"

"Neal Morse is a prolific musician who has released a large number of albums over the course of his career. There are many reasons why he might have so many albums, including his passion for music and his desire to experiment with different styles and genres. In addition, the music industry has changed significantly in recent years, and it is now easier for musicians to produce and release their own music independently. This has made it possible for artists like Neal Morse to release a large number of albums in a relatively short period of time. Ultimately, the reasons for Neal Morse's large discography are likely to be complex and personal, and only he knows the true motivations behind his many albums."

"Why do people like prog festivals?"

"Prog festivals are popular among many music fans for a variety of reasons. One reason is that they offer a unique and immersive musical experience that is difficult to find at other types of music festivals. Prog festivals often feature a wide range of bands and artists, many of whom are known for their complex and ambitious music. This can be appealing to fans who are looking for something different and challenging, and who want to explore the diverse and vibrant world of progressive rock. In addition, prog festivals often have a strong sense of community and shared passion among attendees, which can be a rewarding and enriching experience for many people. Overall, prog festivals offer a unique and exciting musical experience that is enjoyed by many fans."

---------------------------------------------------

There are probably more interesting/amusing questions that could be posed but that's what I came up with. I don't think you are all redundant yet, but the day may be coming...

"Write a Prog Magazine review of Close to the Edge"

"Close to the Edge" is the fifth studio album by progressive rock icons Yes, and it is a true masterpiece of the genre. From the opening moments of the epic title track, it is clear that this is a band at the peak of their powers, combining complex and ambitious songwriting with virtuosic musicianship and powerful performances. The album's three tracks, which clock in at a total of just under half an hour, are a masterclass in progressive rock, with intricate and multifaceted compositions that constantly shift and evolve, drawing the listener into a world of sound and imagination.

The standout track on the album is the title track, which is a nearly 20-minute journey through shifting moods and musical styles, from the gentle folk-inspired opening to the explosive and powerful climax. The song is a showcase for the band's impressive musicianship, with stunning solos from Steve Howe on guitar and Rick Wakeman on keyboards.

The other two tracks on the album are equally impressive, with "And You and I" featuring beautiful vocal harmonies and lush orchestrations, and "Siberian Khatru" showcasing the band's more energetic and playful side. Throughout the album, the band's performance is impeccable, with each member bringing their A-game to the table.

In short, "Close to the Edge" is a must-listen for any fan of progressive rock, and it remains one of the genre's defining works. It is a true masterpiece that continues to impress and inspire after nearly 50 years.

Write a Gagliarchives radio playlist

The Gagliarchives radio playlist for this week features an exciting mix of new and classic progressive rock, featuring some of the best bands in the genre. The playlist includes:

"Close to the Edge" by Yes
    "In the Court of the Crimson King" by King Crimson
    "Red" by King Crimson
    "Echoes" by Pink Floyd
    "Supper's Ready" by Genesis
    "The Musical Box" by Genesis
    "The Great Gig in the Sky" by Pink Floyd
    "The Gates of Delirium" by Yes
    "Starless" by King Crimson
    "Watcher of the Skies" by Genesis
    This playlist is a great representation of the diversity and creativity of progressive rock, and it is sure to please fans of the genre. Tune in to the Gagliarchives radio show to hear these tracks and more!

Write a Prog Magazine interview with Steven Wilson

Prog Magazine: We're here today with Steven Wilson, the mastermind behind Porcupine Tree and a leading figure in the world of progressive rock. Steven, thank you for taking the time to speak with us.

Steven Wilson: It's my pleasure. I'm always happy to talk about my music and the world of prog.

Prog Magazine: So, let's start at the beginning. How did you first get interested in progressive rock, and what drew you to the genre?

Steven Wilson: I've been a fan of progressive rock for as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to bands like Pink Floyd and Yes, and I was always drawn to the complexity and ambition of their music. I was also a big fan of more experimental bands like King Crimson and Genesis, and I loved the way they pushed the boundaries of what was possible in rock music.

Prog Magazine: Your music is often described as "retro-prog," with a strong influence from the classic prog bands of the 70s. What do you think sets your music apart from other bands in the genre?

Steven Wilson: I think one of the things that sets my music apart is my focus on songwriting and melody. I try to craft songs that are both complex and accessible, with memorable melodies and interesting lyrics. I also try to incorporate a wide range of influences and styles into my music, from progressive rock to metal to electronica and beyond.

Prog Magazine: You've been a prolific and successful musician for over two decades now. Looking back on your career, what do you think has been the key to your success?

Steven Wilson: I think the key to my success has been my commitment to always pushing myself to try new [it cut off here, sorry to anyone who wanted to read the whole thing]

I like AI Steven Wilson more than actual Steven Wilson.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I like AI Steven Wilson more than actual Steven Wilson.
    I'd rather listen to the "gentle folk" opening of CTTE

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

I've never seen so much ass-covering in answers by AI before!
    AND I laughed my ass off.

Well done!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    I'd rather listen to the "gentle folk" opening of CTTE
    Also I guess the review copy was missing 10 minutes.

It's definitely most entertaining with open-ended assignments.

Write some lyrics for a progressive rock song inspired by Tolkien

Verse 1:
    In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie
    A dark lord rules with a cruel eye
    His armies march, their swords held high
    Towards the gates of Mordor they ride

Chorus:
    Mordor, Mordor, land of darkness and despair
    Mordor, Mordor, no light can penetrate the air

Verse 2:
    But in the midst of this dark land
    A glimmer of hope begins to expand
    A ring of power, lost for so long
    Has been found by a hobbit, brave and strong

Chorus:

Bridge:
    With the ring in hand, the hobbit sets forth
    To destroy the evil and bring peace to the North
    He faces danger at every turn
    But he knows the fate of the world depends on his return

Chorus:

But the hobbit's journey brings a glimmer of hope
    A new day will dawn, and the darkness will have to cope
    Mordor, Mordor, land of darkness no more
    The light will shine, and peace will be restored.

Write some lyrics for a song about a Puerto Rican graffiti artist in a surreal dream world.

Verse 1:
    In the streets of old San Juan
    A graffiti artist's spray paint can
    Brings life to the city walls
    With vibrant colors and swirling designs

Chorus:
    A Puerto Rican dream, a surreal world of art
    Where spray paint is my voice, and the streets are my canvas
    I paint my heart out, a rebel with a cause
    In this Puerto Rican dream, I am in control

Verse 2:
    I paint the stories of my people
    The struggles and the triumphs, the hopes and the fears
    I paint the beauty of our island
    The beaches and the mountains, the sun and the rain

Chorus:
    In this Puerto Rican dream, I am in control

Bridge:
    I paint for the youth, the future of our nation
    I paint for the old, the keepers of our traditions
    I paint for the marginalized, the ones without a voice
    I paint for Puerto Rico, my beautiful homeland of choice

Chorus:
    In this Puerto Rican dream, I am in control.

-----

I tried to get it to write lyrics in the style of Yes but they were too coherent. The research continues...

Fun stuff! I told it to write a song about internet chat forums.

Verse 1:
    In the land of the internet,
    Where the trolls and the memes reside,
    There's a place where we all meet,
    In the chat forums deep inside.

Chorus:
    The internet chat forums,
    Where arguments never die,
    We can fight about anything,
    In the land of the internet chat forums.

Verse 2:
    We can argue about politics,
    Or the latest celebrity news,
    We can disagree and debate,
    And make our opinions known to all.

Chorus:

Bridge:
    We can hide behind our screens,
    And say whatever we want to say,
    We can be brave and fearless,

Chorus:
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

More fun:

Make an outlandish statement about jazz.

Jazz music is actually the sound of aliens communicating with each other, and human musicians have just been interpreting it without realizing its true origins.

Write a limerick about audiophiles.

There once was an audiophile named Moe,
    Who listened to music with his headphones on low,
    He could hear every note,
    And would never ever gloat,
    About the sound that he alone could know.

Write a haiku about Rush 2112.

In the land of 2112,
    Rush takes us on a journey,
    To the stars and beyond.

Complain about Yes in 2022.

I'm really disappointed with Yes in 2022. It seems like they're just going through the motions and putting out mediocre music. They used to be one of my favorite bands, but their recent albums have been so uninspired and lack the creativity and passion that made me love them in the first place. It's a shame to see them resting on their laurels and not pushing themselves to make great art. I hope they can regain their former glory and start making music that truly excites and inspires me again.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Write a poem about Phil Collins leaving Genesis using iambic pentameter

Once upon a time, in days of old,
    A band of brothers made sweet music bold.
    But as the years went by, their sound did change,
    And one, whose voice had brought them fame,
    Decided he must leave the nest
    To follow his own musical quest.

Phil Collins, with his drumming hands,
    Had made the band's rhythm and beats expand.
    But with a solo career in sight,
    He knew it was time to take flight.
    So with a heavy heart, he said goodbye,
    To Genesis and the music they had supplied.

But though he's gone, his legacy lives on,
    In the songs that he and his bandmates con.
    And though the group may never be the same,
    Their music will forever be a lasting flame.

So here's to Phil Collins, and the band he left behind,
    May their music continue to be refined,
    And may their legacy forever shine,
    As a shining example of musical design.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    Write a poem about Phil Collins leaving Genesis using iambic pentameter

Once upon a time, in days of old,
    A band of brothers made sweet music bold.
    But as the years went by, their sound did change,
    And one, whose voice had brought them fame,
    Decided he must leave the nest
    To follow his own musical quest.

Phil Collins, with his drumming hands,
    Had made the band's rhythm and beats expand.
    But with a solo career in sight,
    He knew it was time to take flight.
    So with a heavy heart, he said goodbye,
    To Genesis and the music they had supplied.

But though he's gone, his legacy lives on,
    In the songs that he and his bandmates con.
    And though the group may never be the same,
    Their music will forever be a lasting flame.

So here's to Phil Collins, and the band he left behind,
    May their music continue to be refined,
    And may their legacy forever shine,
    As a shining example of musical design.
    u just broke the internet
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

What if Phil Collins had been replaced by a puffin in Genesis?

It's difficult to say what would have happened if Phil Collins had been replaced by a puffin in Genesis. Puffins are not known for their musical abilities, and it's unlikely that a puffin would have been able to sing or play instruments like Collins did. Even if a puffin were somehow able to perform with the band, it's doubtful that the music would have been well-received by audiences. In short, replacing Phil Collins with a puffin in Genesis would likely have been a disaster, both creatively and commercially.

Be pretentious about vinyl record collecting.

As a vinyl record collector, I must say that there is simply no comparison to the rich, warm sound of a record spinning on a turntable. The tactile experience of holding a physical record in your hands, the ritual of carefully placing the needle on the grooves, and the unique sonic imperfections of vinyl all add up to a listening experience that cannot be replicated by digital formats. Collecting vinyl is not just a hobby, it is a way of life, and those who do not understand its appeal simply lack the refined taste and discerning ear of a true audiophile.

Write album liner notes that include manatees.

Thank you for purchasing our latest album, "Songs of the Sea." This collection of songs was inspired by the beauty and majesty of the ocean and the creatures that call it home. From the soaring melodies of "Dolphin's Dance" to the gentle rhythms of "Manatee Lullaby," each track on this album is a tribute to the magic and wonder of the sea. We hope that our music brings you as much joy and inspiration as the ocean and its inhabitants have brought to us. Thank you for supporting independent music and for sharing in our love of the ocean and its inhabitants, including the gentle and majestic manatees.

Write a profane review of a Jethro Tull concert.

That Jethro Tull concert was fucking bullshit. The band was so fucking old and out of touch, and their music was just a boring and repetitive mess. The lead singer's voice was all over the fucking place, and the rest of the band was just going through the fucking motions. The whole thing was a fucking waste of time and money, and I can't believe I spent my fucking hard-earned cash on that fucking crap. Jethro Tull can fucking suck it, and I will never, ever see them live again. Fucking bullshit.

Write a joke about Banco del Mutuo Soccorso.

Why was the Banco del Mutuo Soccorso fan always late to concerts?
    Because he always had to stop and ask for directions to the Banco del Mutuo Soccorso.

Write a manifesto about standing at Steven Wilson concerts.

We, the fans of Steven Wilson, hereby declare our commitment to standing at his concerts. We reject the confines of seating and the constraints of convention. We embrace the freedom and joy of standing, dancing, and singing along with our fellow fans.

We believe that standing at a Steven Wilson concert is a powerful and transformative experience, one that allows us to connect with the music and with each other on a deeper level. We believe that standing allows us to fully engage with the music and to become part of the performance.

We reject the notion that standing is rude or disruptive. We believe that standing is a natural and authentic expression of our love for the music and our desire to be fully present in the moment. We will not be silenced or shamed for standing at a Steven Wilson concert.

We call on Steven Wilson and his band to support and encourage standing at their concerts. We call on venue staff and security to respect our right to stand and to facilitate, rather than hinder, our standing experience.

We stand for freedom, joy, and connection. We stand for Steven Wilson.

I've never seen so much ass-covering in answers by AI before!
    AND I laughed my ass off.

Well done!
    Yes, I have to agree with Steve- the entire discussion of ER had me laughing, and I even know where it got the wrong information from!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Okay, this is WAY too much fun. Here's another haiku:

Steve Howe's foot flies,
    Lighting guy's face takes the hit,
    Oops, stage lights go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    [B]

Write a manifesto about standing at Steven Wilson concerts.

We, the fans of Steven Wilson, hereby declare our commitment to standing at his concerts. We reject the confines of seating and the constraints of convention. We embrace the freedom and joy of standing, dancing, and singing along with our fellow fans.

We believe that standing at a Steven Wilson concert is a powerful and transformative experience, one that allows us to connect with the music and with each other on a deeper level. We believe that standing allows us to fully engage with the music and to become part of the performance.

We reject the notion that standing is rude or disruptive. We believe that standing is a natural and authentic expression of our love for the music and our desire to be fully present in the moment. We will not be silenced or shamed for standing at a Steven Wilson concert.

We call on Steven Wilson and his band to support and encourage standing at their concerts. We call on venue staff and security to respect our right to stand and to facilitate, rather than hinder, our standing experience.

We stand for freedom, joy, and connection. We stand for Steven Wilson.
    Oh, my lord. This is great. Thank you. My insides hurt from laughing.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Write a rap battle between Roger Waters and David Gilmour

(ROGER WATERS and DAVID GILMOUR are standing on opposite sides of the stage, facing each other. The audience is cheering and jeering as the two musicians prepare for their rap battle.)

ROGER: (rapping) I'm the founder of Pink Floyd, the mastermind behind the band
    I wrote most of our hits, and I'm the one who took the stand
    When it came to politics, I never backed down
    I spoke my mind and never let the mainstream drown me out

DAVID: (rapping) You may have started Pink Floyd, but I took it to new heights
    With my guitar skills and songwriting, I put up a fight
    I may not have been as outspoken as you, but my music speaks for itself
    And I've proven time and time again that I'm no one's shelf

ROGER: (rapping) You may have had some success, but you'll never top The Wall
    That was my masterpiece, and you know it, you know it all
    I poured my heart and soul into that album, and it shows
    You may have played some solos, but I wrote the songs, the songs and the poems

DAVID: (rapping) The Wall may have been your baby, but I helped it grow
    I played on that album, and I helped it flow
    You may have written the lyrics, but I added the melodies
    Without me, The Wall would be nothing, just empty symphonies

ROGER: (rapping) You may have contributed, but I was the driving force
    I pushed the band to new heights, and I set the course
    Pink Floyd may have continued without me, but it wouldn't have been the same
    I was the heart and soul of the band, and I'll always have that claim to fame

DAVID: (rapping) You may have been important, but you're not the only one
    Pink Floyd was a collaboration, and we all had our fun
    Yes, you wrote some great songs, but I added my own touch
    Without me, Pink Floyd would have been just a shell, not much

(The audience cheers as the rap battle comes to an end. ROGER and DAVID nod at each other in mutual respect.)

----

ok the last sentence seems pretty far-fetched

Write a love letter from Roger Waters to the cow on the Atom Heart Mother cover.

My dear sweet cow,

I know that this may seem strange, but I cannot help the way I feel. From the moment I laid eyes on you, with your gentle gaze and your soft, velvety coat, I knew that I was in love.

Your presence brings me peace and joy, and I find myself thinking about you constantly. I dream of spending long days in the fields with you, basking in the warmth of the sun and the beauty of nature.

I know that our love may seem unconventional, but I believe that true love knows no boundaries. I promise to care for you and protect you always, and to cherish every moment that we spend together.

Yours forever,

Roger Waters

I just laughed. I would never play The Great Gig In The Sky lol

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I wasn't getting much that seemed interesting, so I hopped over to an AI image generator {https://hotpot.ai/art-generator} and convinced it to give me a picture of Captain Beefheart figure skating.

Figure Skating AI pic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gagliarchives View Post
    I just laughed. I would never play The Great Gig In The Sky lol
    Yeah, AI Tom was definitely stuck in the past. I tried to nudge it a little bit but based on the results your job is safe for now:

Write me a Gagliarchives playlist with no music created before 1990 and some neo-prog, Berlin school, retro prog, Zeuhl, and RIO

Here is a Gagliarchives playlist that includes only music created after 1990 and represents a number of sub-genres, including neo-prog, Berlin school, retro prog, Zeuhl, and RIO:

"The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories)" by Steven Wilson
    "The Human Equation" by Ayreon
    "The Theory of Everything" by Ayreon
    "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner" by Marillion
    "The Unseen in Between" by Steve Hackett
    "The Road to Utopia" by Trevor Rabin
    "The Geese and the Ghost" by Anthony Phillips
    "The Invisible Man" by IQ
    "The Future King's Suite" by The Tangent
    "The Altogether" by Ozric Tentacles
    "The Rose of Jericho" by RPWL
    "The Moribund People" by Zao
    "The Infinite" by Cyclops
    "The Time Traveler's Dilemma" by Castevet
    "The Constant" by The Pineapple Thief

I hope you enjoy this playlist!

------------------------------

Castevet is a black metal band, but "The Time Traveler's Dilemma" is a 2017 album (not song) by another black metal group called Afterbirth. My guess is that the AI crawled some Rate Your Music list pages at some point and got confused.

Write lyrics to a progressive rock epic inspired by E. R. Eddison's The Worm Ouroboros

Verse 1:
    In the land of Witchwood, with dragons in the skies
    A great war was raging, with warriors brave and wise
    The kingdom of Demonland, and the lords of the air
    Battled for supremacy, with magic and with flair

Chorus:
    Ouroboros, the worm that never dies
    Ouroboros, the serpent of the skies
    Ouroboros, a symbol of the past
    Ouroboros, a never-ending cycle at last

Verse 2:
    The brave knight Juss, and the sorcerer Spitfire
    Fought for the kingdom, with sword and with fire
    But the lord Gro, with his dark powers so great
    Seemed to have the upper hand, with his army of fate

Chorus:

Bridge:
    But the tides of war can change in an instant
    And the tables can turn in a heartbeat
    The heroes of Demonland, they will not be defeated
    They will fight to the end, and they will not be cheated

Chorus:

Outro:
    The battle rages on, with no end in sight
    But the heroes of Demonland, they will not give up the fight
    They will stand tall, and they will not be broken
    For in the end, they will be victorious, and the worm Ouroboros will be awoken.

Eh, it's no "Tenemos Roads"
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

The chatbot seems really attached to that song structure...

Meanwhile, Write me an angry debate between rec.music.progressive posters about which late-period Yes album is the best.

"[Poster 1]

You people are crazy if you think any late-period Yes album is better than Talk. That album was a masterpiece, a true return to form for the band. It had everything a Yes fan could want: complex arrangements, soaring vocals, and epic instrumental sections. Plus, it featured the return of Trevor Rabin, who brought a fresh energy to the band.

[Poster 2]

Are you kidding me? Talk is a piece of garbage compared to Open Your Eyes. That album may not have Rabin, but it has something even better: new blood. Billy Sherwood and Igor Khoroshev brought a new perspective to Yes, and the result was an album that was bold, adventurous, and fresh. Plus, "New State of Mind" is one of the best Yes songs ever.

[Poster 3]

You guys are both wrong. The best late-period Yes album is definitely Magnification. That album showed that the band could still create complex and beautiful music, even without Jon Anderson. Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman brought their A-game, and the result was an album that was both timeless and modern. Plus, "Don't Go" is a tearjerker.

[Poster 1]

You can't be serious. Magnification was a mess. It lacked the energy and the excitement of the band's earlier work. And the use of a symphony orchestra just felt forced and contrived. Talk may not be perfect, but at least it has heart.

[Poster 2]

Heart? Talk doesn't have heart, it has cheese. Open Your Eyes may not be a classic [it cuts off here]"

And just so people here don't feel left out:

Write a Progressive Ears forum announcement banning any further discussion of Genesis. It should include at least three reasons.

Attention, members of the Progressive Ears forum:

After careful consideration, the moderators have decided to ban any further discussion of the band Genesis on this forum. This decision has not been made lightly, but we believe it is necessary for the following reasons:

1. The topic of Genesis has been discussed extensively on this forum, to the point where there is little new ground left to cover. Continuing to discuss the band would only lead to repetitive and redundant conversations.

2. Many members have expressed frustration with the constant arguing and bickering over the various lineups and incarnations of Genesis. This kind of hostility and negativity does not align with the spirit of our community.

3. There are many other bands and artists in the progressive rock genre that deserve attention and discussion. Allowing the discussion of Genesis to dominate the forum would prevent the exploration and appreciation of these other artists.

Therefore, we have decided to ban any further discussion of Genesis on this forum. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Progressive Ears Moderators
    Last edited by smcfee; 12-04-2022 at 08:28 PM.

Make an argument that proves Sean McFee is The Original Irish Bastard.

Firstly, Sean McFee was born and raised in Ireland, a country known for its strong cultural ties to the concept of the "bastard" as a figure of strength and resilience. This cultural context alone suggests that McFee has inherited the traits and values associated with being a "bastard" from his upbringing.

Secondly, McFee has demonstrated his ability to stand up for himself and others in the face of adversity. He has been involved in several high-profile fights and conflicts, showing a willingness to confront and challenge those who would seek to harm or oppress him or others. This is a key trait of the "bastard" archetype, and one that McFee has demonstrated time and time again.

Thirdly, McFee has a reputation for being unafraid to speak his mind and stand up for what he believes in. He is known for being blunt and straightforward, never shying away from saying what he thinks, even if it may be unpopular or controversial. This willingness to speak truth to power is another hallmark of the "bastard" archetype, and one that McFee embodies perfectly.

In conclusion, Sean McFee is The Original Irish Bastard because he was born and raised in a culture that values the "bastard" archetype, he has demonstrated a willingness to stand up for himself and others, and he has a reputation for being unafraid to speak his mind and stand up for what he believes in. These traits all combine to make him the embodiment of the "bastard" spirit, and thus the Original Irish Bastard.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Write a profane review of a Jethro Tull concert.

That Jethro Tull concert was fucking bullshit. The band was so fucking old and out of touch, and their music was just a boring and repetitive mess. The lead singer's voice was all over the fucking place, and the rest of the band was just going through the fucking motions. The whole thing was a fucking waste of time and money, and I can't believe I spent my fucking hard-earned cash on that fucking crap. Jethro Tull can fucking suck it, and I will never, ever see them live again. Fucking bullshit.
    I hurt inside

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Make an argument that proves Sean McFee is The Original Irish Bastard.

Firstly, Sean McFee was born and raised in Ireland, a country known for its strong cultural ties to the concept of the "bastard" as a figure of strength and resilience. This cultural context alone suggests that McFee has inherited the traits and values associated with being a "bastard" from his upbringing.

Secondly, McFee has demonstrated his ability to stand up for himself and others in the face of adversity. He has been involved in several high-profile fights and conflicts, showing a willingness to confront and challenge those who would seek to harm or oppress him or others. This is a key trait of the "bastard" archetype, and one that McFee has demonstrated time and time again.

Thirdly, McFee has a reputation for being unafraid to speak his mind and stand up for what he believes in. He is known for being blunt and straightforward, never shying away from saying what he thinks, even if it may be unpopular or controversial. This willingness to speak truth to power is another hallmark of the "bastard" archetype, and one that McFee embodies perfectly.

In conclusion, Sean McFee is The Original Irish Bastard because he was born and raised in a culture that values the "bastard" archetype, he has demonstrated a willingness to stand up for himself and others, and he has a reputation for being unafraid to speak his mind and stand up for what he believes in. These traits all combine to make him the embodiment of the "bastard" spirit, and thus the Original Irish Bastard.
    Comedy gold....
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit