Thread: Sonja Kristina of Curved Air Narrates Neuschwanstein’s 1976 Progressive Rock Epic

Sonja Kristina of Curved Air Narrates Neuschwanstein’s 1976 Progressive Rock Epic

Sonja Kristina of Curved Air Narrates Neuschwanstein’s 1976 Progressive Rock Epic “Alice in Wonderland” Album – OUT NOW!

The original version of Neuschwanstein’s “Alice in Wonderland” had narration in German but, for the first time, this has been replaced with English language parts read by Sonja Kristina of Curved Air.

Musically this 1976 album belongs among the great prog albums and sits between Rick Wakeman’s and Jeff Wayne’s iconic narrated rock albums. This edition has been re-mastered with a booklet that includes two separate sets of liner notes (with rare images) on the history of the band and Sonja Kristina’s 2022 vocal sessions.

Sonja Kristina said of the release “I was delighted to narrate this wonderful psychedelic musical version of Alice’s dream in a dramatic instrumental landscape. I loved Alice in Wonderland as a child and I’ve really enjoyed returning to the magic of this story. This album deserves to be thought of as a classic progressive rock album of the 1970s, so I’m pleased to have recorded the narration for it.”

This was the only mid-1970s album in the ‘Narrated Rock’ genre to be unavailable in English…until now.

Available from:
    Amazon CD: https://geni.us/AliceCD
    Spotify: https://geni.us/AliceSP
    Apple Music: https://geni.us/AliceAM

Orders placed directly with Cherry Red (while stocks last) will come with a postcard signed by Sonja Kristina: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...onja-kristina/

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 1-828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks, I saw this on Spotify today and was intrigued! Will give a listen.

Can this statement possibly be true?: This was the only mid-1970s album in the ‘Narrated Rock’ genre to be unavailable in English

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Can this statement possibly be true?: This was the only mid-1970s album in the ‘Narrated Rock’ genre to be unavailable in English
    How many 'narrated rock' albums are there? I can think of about ... 4?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

^ That's four too many! It just seemed with Floh de Cologne-type stuff there must be something, but I guess it depends on your definition of "narrated."

Funny: Belle Antique just release a remastered version from the original: https://www.discogs.com/release/2518...-In-Wonderland

Narrated albums?
    Anyone's Daughter - Piktors Verwandlungen
    Stern Combo Meißen - Weißes Gold (has some narrated parts)

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Interesting, but I already have the original.
    The narration doesn't seem very lengthy or too intrusive, so I'd rather have the original version. I don't really care if I can't understand the words. The music sounds good!

The narration doesn't seem very lengthy or too intrusive, so I'd rather have the original version. I don't really care if I can't understand the words. The music sounds good!
    Understanding the words isn't hard for me. I read German and watch a lot of German television.

The reason I don't care if I can't understand the narration (if I were to get the German version) is really that I don't care much for Alice in Wonderland, If the narration was something different I might care.

The music is good though. It's good they were able to avoid a second-album curse (it was their second, right? Or was this before Battlement?). Especially as late as 1976.

The reason I don't care if I can't understand the narration (if I were to get the German version) is really that I don't care much for Alice in Wonderland, If the narration was something different I might care.

The music is good though. It's good they were able to avoid a second-album curse (it was their second, right? Or was this before Battlement?). Especially as late as 1976.
    It was their first recording, but it was never released. I have a cassettetape from the original recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    It was their first recording, but it was never released. I have a cassettetape from the original recording.
    I guess you mean it wasn't released at the time of the production (Recorded live: F4-Studio, Sarrebruck, April 1976). The CD eventually came out in 2009 on Musea and Rock Symphony.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I guess you mean it wasn't released at the time of the production (Recorded live: F4-Studio, Sarrebruck, April 1976). The CD eventually came out in 2009 on Musea and Rock Symphony.
    That did I mean. I know it was later released on CD, because I own that CD, but it wasn't released when it was recorded.

Sonja and Curved Air still have a Patreon page going. They are in the process of writing a new album. I thought North Star from 2014 was excellent.
    Sonja and patrons meet roughly every two weeks online. She is very nice, sweet and open. Come join us. https://www.patreon.com/CURVEDAIR/posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Sonja and Curved Air still have a Patreon page going. They are in the process of writing a new album. I thought North Star from 2014 was excellent.
    Sonja and patrons meet roughly every two weeks online. She is very nice, sweet and open. Come join us. https://www.patreon.com/CURVEDAIR/posts
    How cool!

New album! Hooray!