Thread: AWBH- An Evening of Yes Music Plus Box set

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

AWBH- An Evening of Yes Music Plus Box set

I have all of this I need but thought others might be interested. This was sent from Rick's site/Takeaway Records
    ‘An Evening Of Yes Music Plus’ box set

Members of the Yes line-up that recorded the classic early-70s albums Fragile and Close To The Edge, Jon Anderson (vocals), Bill Bruford (drums), Rick Wakeman (keyboards) and Steve Howe (guitars) reunited in the late 80s to form an offshoot supergroup, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe. Their sole, self-titled studio album followed and the four-piece took to the road for a rapturously received tour that paved the way for Yes’ gargantuan Union album and live shows of the early 90s.

The super-deluxe An Evening Of Yes Music Plus box set takes a deep dive into this much-loved period in Yes’ history, making the “Plus” of the original 1993 double album’s title all the more appropriate. Featuring ABWH’s full 9 September 1989 show at Shoreline Amphitheatre, in Mountain View, California, across two CDs, and the US pay-per-view special on DVD, along with the original King Biscuit Flower Hour radio broadcast of the concert, the original An Evening Of Yes Music Plus audio broadcast and a host of ABWH radio interviews, the collection turns this very special evening inside out, capturing from every angle the Yes lynchpins at their finest on stage.

Rounding the collection out is the rare 1989 In The Big Dream documentary, which features intimate, behind-the-scenes footage of the band in the studio, plus period promo videos and live performances. And there is also a host of facsimile memorabilia from the era, including replica US/UK and Japanese tour programmes, band postcards, a laminated pass, King Biscuit Flower Hour cue sheet, press pack and photos, and a poster of Roger Dean’s original album cover artwork.

Sumptuously packaged, the super-deluxe An Evening Of Yes Music Plus is as close as you’ll ever get to going back in time to experience this legendary performance. A numbered certificate gives it all the official stamp: you will be holding in your hands just one of 2,000 copies in the world.

Grab yours now, before the chance is gone forever.

Enter discount code ABWH25 at checkout for 25% off!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Thanks. Where is the link?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

My 2-disc set of AEOYM+ is probably all I'll ever need.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Really, I've bought both the CDs and DVD (was the last release a Blu-Ray maybe?) enough times. I don't care how sumptuously it's packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    My 2-disc set of AEOYM+ is probably all I'll ever need.
    But is it the one with the golden CDs?

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Really, I've bought both the CDs and DVD (was the last release a Blu-Ray maybe?) enough times. I don't care how sumptuously it's packaged.
    Fondling Declined
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I bought this when Rick first released this on the 'Fragile' record label. The CD was a 'fat' box combined with the VHS in a bigger box. I now have the double CD & DVD in slim boxes. I guess it's out of print so no harm in reissuing but not needed by me.

^^ Thanks.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    For about the same amount of money I got the 13 disc Muffins box, and it didn't have Atari drums on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    For about the same amount of money I got the 13 disc Muffins box, and it didn't have Atari drums on it.

Am I reading this incorrectly or are they selling the exact same concert four times?

CD1 & 2: the full show.
    CD3: A radio broadcast of part of the same show.
    CD4: A different broadcast of (a different?) part of the same show.
    DVD: the same show.

I prefer the ABWH live CD with Tony Levin recorded in UK. It sounds like a sound board recording, but the performances are great. A scorching "Close To the Edge".

Wow The Average White Band with Steve Howe? I’m up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Am I reading this incorrectly or are they selling the exact same concert four times?
    Wait until next Christmas. They're coming out with a remaster and four surround-sound mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post

CD1 & 2: the full show.
    CD3: A radio broadcast of part of the same show.
    CD4: A different broadcast of (a different?) part of the same show.
    DVD: the same show.
    I need four more copies of that same performance of The Clap to go with the three I've already bought. Alas, these CDs aren't made with purest gold like the ones I already have.

Come on, the band has to create a retirement fund for this children. Can't we do a little to support this cause?