Thread: Breaking The Band: Genesis (did anyone else see this?)

Breaking The Band: Genesis (did anyone else see this?)

I just watched this last night on on-demand and thought it was very good. Steve was probably featured in it more than any other band member. It was also cool that a former Nearfest attendee (and former Genesis podcaster) Stacy Godfrey was a commentator on it. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone happens to know what the music is that is played in the background somewhere in the middle of it (towards the end of the section on the PG era I think). It sounded very symph proggish but I have no idea what it was and my shazam app didn't pick up on it. There seemed to be no information in the credits either. The Watch maybe?
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I just watched this last night on on-demand and thought it was very good. Steve was probably featured in it more than any other band member. It was also cool that a former Nearfest attendee (and former Genesis podcaster) Stacy Godfrey was a commentator on it. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone happens to know what the music is that is played in the background somewhere in the middle of it (towards the end of the section on the PG era I think). It sounded very symph proggish but I have no idea what it was and my shazam app didn't pick up on it. There seemed to be no information in the credits either. The Watch maybe?
    I saw it a while ago. They do a pretty good job with the "Breaking The Band" shows.

I've been a regular listener to the Tabletop Genesis podcast for a few years, which Stacy was on until recently, and they did an interview with her about it. I don't have cable and it wasn't clear where I could watch it online, if at all. It seemed like they were trying to establish a maximally melodramatic framing for things which weren't that big a deal, like Collins wanting Hugh Padgham to engineer Genesis albums, but that's just based on her interview, not the show. And, I mean, that could still be interesting to watch if it were done intelligently.

went out to Tubi for the series and watched the eps for Kiss, Led Zep, the Police but there was no episode for Genesis out of the 3 seasons available.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel